The third week's Cheap Eats Instagram winner
Here are the six finalists for week three of our Cheap Eats Instagram giveaway:
Clockwise from top left:
– Shrimp tempura on housemade udon noodles ($10) at Tsuku Tsuku Tei Sanuki Udon, photo by sohungary
– Sashimi Deluxe Salad ($13.95) at Keeaumoku Seafood, photo by techmangoz
– The Hula mushroom burger with mini Caesar salad ($12.29) at Islands Fine Burgers and Drinks, photo by sunnymin
– Better Burger (Kulana beef burger with a fried egg, bacon, arugula, and spicy mayo, $10.50) at Morning Glass Coffee and Cafe, photo by kgoya
– Dol sot bibimbap ($12) at Ja Gal Chi, photo by kyleepuu
– Japanese loco moco ($7.26) at Your Kitchen, photo by nanigurl808
I am loving this contest: in addition to revisiting favorite cheap eats dishes, I'm also discovering some amazing, new-to-me deals and new restaurants. Which is why the winner this week is the Sashimi Deluxe Salad from Keeaumoku Seafood. I've never been to Keeaumoku Seafood, and to be honest, I was so skeptical of the generous amount of sashimi pictured for $14, that I went to see for myself. And I verified that yes, that is how much fish you get. The women behind the seafood counter even slice the sashimi to order. I wouldn't say its Izakaya Gaku fresh, but it's still remarkably fresh, and the kochujang vinaigrette gives it a sweet piquancy. It's an unbelievable deal.
techmangoz wins a $25 gift certificate to Salt. Congratulations!
Need even more cheap eats ideas? See last week's finalists and winner.
Keep those cheap eats photos coming! The contest runs until the end of the month and we'll be picking a winner every Wednesday. Sign up for the weekly Biting Commentary Newsletter to have the results and all your dining news delivered right to your inbox.