This week's Cheap Eats Instagram winner
Here are the six finalists for week one of our Cheap Eats Instagram giveaway:
Clockwise from top left:
- Mussels, fennel, pastina, tomato, Cinzano broth ($9) at Town, photo by anatta0
- Porchetta sandwich ($10) at The Whole Ox Deli, photo by brentshiratori
- Basil chicken ($8) at Bangkok Chef, photo by kyleepuu
- Lunch nabe ($11) at Ichiriki, photo by consuelasauce
- Bacon and Gruyere omelet en casuela ($6.50) at Morning Glass, photo by miss_cher
- Tofurkey kielbasa reuben with homemade sauerkraut ($10) at Kale's Deli, photo by jennmeleana
I could dive into every single one of these plates (and bowls and one cast iron pan) … I think this week's finalists just determined what I'm eating for the rest of the week. But since I can pick only one, I'm going with anatta0's photo of mussels from Town—plump mussels in a vermouth broth punctuated with tomato and sweet fennel. This, coupled with Town's herby french fries or bowl of polenta, is one of my favorite meals around, well, town.
anatta0 wins $25 to Tony Roma's. Congratulations!
Need even more cheap eats ideas? See last week's finalists and winner.
Keep those cheap eats photos coming! The contest runs until the end of the month and we'll be picking a winner every Wednesday. Sign up for the weekly Biting Commentary Newsletter to have the results and all your dining news delivered right to your inbox.
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2012 in Permalink