The first winner of our Cheap Eats Instagram contest
Here are the six finalists for week one of our Cheap Eats Instagram giveaway:
- Chicken amakara-age set ($11) at Hinone Mizunone, photo by h2oella
- Hu Tieu My Pho (pork, shrimp, quail egg, fried shallots, pork cracklings, tomato crab meat sauce, $11) at The Pig and the Lady, photo by konaish
- Goteburg musubi ($3.30) with spicy ahi ($3) on top, at Paina Cafe Hawaii Kai, photo by elenestagram
- Mushroom chicken ($8.50) and spicy soba ($8.25) at Yajima-ya, photo by ricknakama
- Hamburger steak lunch special ($8.95) at Chibo, photo by wehearthawaii
- Salad plate ($9.50) at Downtown @ HiSAM, photo by nathankam
And the winner is: wehearthawaii's photo of Chibo's hamburger steak, chosen for 1) value, especially for a sit-down Waikiki restaurant; 2) how much the photo made my stomach growl before lunch; 3) the photo composition.
wehearthawaii wins a $25 gift certificate to Salt. Congratulations!
Keep those cheap eats photos coming! The contest runs until the end of the month and we'll be picking a winner every Wednesday. Sign up for the weekly Biting Commentary Newsletter to have the results and all your dining news delivered right to your inbox.
Posted on Wednesday, August 8, 2012 in Permalink