The first winner of our Cheap Eats Instagram contest
Here are the six finalists for week one of our Cheap Eats Instagram giveaway:
- Chicken amakara-age set ($11) at Hinone Mizunone, photo by h2oella
- Hu Tieu My Pho (pork, shrimp, quail egg, fried shallots, pork cracklings, tomato crab meat sauce, $11) at The Pig and the Lady, photo by konaish
- Goteburg musubi ($3.30) with spicy ahi ($3) on top, at Paina Cafe Hawaii Kai, photo by elenestagram
- Mushroom chicken ($8.50) and spicy soba ($8.25) at Yajima-ya, photo by ricknakama
- Hamburger steak lunch special ($8.95) at Chibo, photo by wehearthawaii
- Salad plate ($9.50) at Downtown @ HiSAM, photo by nathankam
And the winner is: wehearthawaii's photo of Chibo's hamburger steak, chosen for 1) value, especially for a sit-down Waikiki restaurant; 2) how much the photo made my stomach growl before lunch; 3) the photo composition.
wehearthawaii wins a $25 gift certificate to Salt. Congratulations!
Keep those cheap eats photos coming! The contest runs until the end of the month and we'll be picking a winner every Wednesday. Sign up for the weekly Biting Commentary Newsletter to have the results and all your dining news delivered right to your inbox.