Hawai‘i Comfort Food: Mochiko Pancake Recipe
Mochiko adds a fun spin to these a.m. favorites.
“Like most busy families, leisurely mornings are rare. So when we have time to cook something special for breakfast, we cherish it. I usually make mochiko waffles but after we tried butter mochi pancakes at Koa Pancake House, we looked for a mochiko pancake recipe online. This isn’t quite the same as the ones we tasted at brunch, but the stacks are light, fluffy and still retain a touch of that extra chewiness we love in local treats.”—Christi Young
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup mochiko flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
SEE ALSO: 🥞 Make Ube Pancakes and Ube Syrup
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Separate eggs. Mix yolks with wet ingredients.
- Stir wet mixture into dry ingredients.
- Whisk egg whites until you have stiff peaks.
- Fold egg whites into batter.
- Pour about ¼ cup of batter onto griddle and flip over when batter bubbles.
Thanks to tworedsuitcases.wordpress.com for the recipe.