Whats Open or Closed in Honolulu on Kamehameha Day 2021
Your guide to which city and county and state services will be available or suspended in observance of Kamehameha Day on June 11, 2021.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard, medical examiner and police services will be available.
- TheBus will operate on a Sunday schedule. Visit thebus.org for routes and other information.
- Parks, municipal golf courses, botanical gardens and the Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- Refuse will be collected.
- Transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER and the Waimānalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be open.
CLOSED OR CANCELED SERVICES
- The Neal S. Blaisdell Center box office will be closed.
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- All Satellite City Halls and Driver Licensing Centers will be closed.
- All branches of the Hawai‘i State Library will be closed Friday, June 11. ‘Aiea and Hawai‘i Kai libraries, which are normally closed on Friday, will be closed on Saturday, June 12.
TRAFFIC AND PARKING REGULATIONS
- Free on-street parking, excluding the meters on Kalākaua Avenue along Queen Kapi‘olani Park, metered parking lots and other streets. See the full list here.
- Parking will be restricted in Lanikai from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. through the three-day weekend.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contraflow.