What’s Open or Closed in Honolulu on Kamehameha Day 2023
Your guide to which city and county and state services will be available or suspended in observance of Kamehameha Day on Monday, June 12, 2023.
King Kamehameha Day is on Sunday, June 11, this year and will be observed as a holiday on Monday, June 12.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard, medical examiner and police services will be available.
- TheBus will operate on a holiday schedule. Visit thebus.org for routes and other information.
- Parks, municipal golf courses, botanical gardens and the Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- Refuse will be collected.
- Transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER and the Waimānalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be open.
CLOSED OR CANCELED SERVICES
- The Neal S. Blaisdell Center box office will be closed.
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- All satellite city halls and driver licensing centers will be closed.
- Most branches of the Hawai‘i State Library will be closed on Monday, June 12.
- The Kaimukī, Kāne‘ohe and Pearl City branches, which are normally open on Sundays, will observe the holiday on Sunday, June 11, and open on Monday, June 12.
- Libraries that are normally closed on Mondays will observe the holiday and be closed on Tuesday, June 13.
TRAFFIC AND PARKING REGULATIONS
- On-street parking will be free, excluding the meters on Kalākaua Avenue along Queen Kapi‘olani Park, metered parking lots and other streets. See the full list here.
- Parking will be restricted in Lanikai from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. through the three-day weekend.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contraflow.