What’s Open or Closed in Honolulu for Labor Day 2022
Your guide to which Honolulu City and County services will be available or suspended in observance of Labor Day on Monday, Sept. 5, 2022.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be available.
- TheBus will operate on a Sunday schedule. Visit thebus.org for route and schedule information.
- The Honolulu Zoo will be open until 4 p.m.
- The parks, municipal golf courses and botanical gardens will be open.
- Refuse will be collected.
- Transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER and the Waimānalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be open.
CANCELLATIONS AND CLOSURES
- The Neal S. Blaisdell Box Office will be closed.
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- All satellite city halls and driver’s license offices will be closed.
- All public libraries will be closed on Labor Day Weekend (Sept. 3–5). ‘Aiea, Hawai‘i Kai and Makawao public libraries will be open with special hours on Friday, Sept. 2.
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalākaua Avenue along Queen Kapi‘olani Park and metered parking lots and meters on specific Waikīkī streets. View the list of Waikīkī streets here.
- Parking in Lanikai will be restricted from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. for the three-day holiday.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contraflow.