What’s Open or Closed in Honolulu for Independence Day 2023
Your guide to which Honolulu City and County services will be available or suspended in observance of Independence Day on July 4, 2023.
The 4th of July is on a Tuesday this year.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard, medical examiner and police services will be available.
- TheBus will operate on a Sunday schedule. Visit thebus.org for routes and other information.
- Parks, botanical gardens, municipal golf courses and the Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- Refuse will be collected. Transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER and the Waimānalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be open. Find more info at honolulu.gov/opala.
CLOSED OR CANCELED SERVICES
- The Neal S. Blaisdell Center box office will be closed.
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- Satellite city halls and driver licensing centers will be closed.
- All branches of the Hawai‘i State Library will be closed on Tuesday, July 4.
- Post offices will be closed on Tuesday, July 4.
TRAFFIC AND PARKING REGULATIONS
- On-street parking will be free, excluding the meters on Kalākaua Avenue along Queen Kapi‘olani Park, metered parking lots and other streets. See the full list here.
- Parking will be restricted in Lanikai from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. throughout the three-day weekend.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contraflow.