What’s Open and Closed in Honolulu on Good Friday
Your guide to which Honolulu City and County and state services will be available or suspended in observance of Good Friday, April 7, 2023.
- Emergency medical services, fire, lifeguard, medical examiner, and police services will be available.
- TheBus will operate on a holiday schedule. Visit thebus.org for route and schedule information, and rider guidelines.
- Refuse will be collected and transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER, and the Waimānalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill are open. Visit.gov/opala for information.
- Parks and botanical gardens are open. Visit honolulu.gov/parks for park use guidelines.
- Municipal golf courses are open. Visit honolulu.gov/des/golf for revised play information.
- The Honolulu Zoo will be open. Visit honolulu.gov/zoo for information.
- The Neal S. Blaisdell Center box office will be closed. Visit blaisdellcenter.com for information.
- People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- All satellite city halls and driver licensing centers will be closed.
- The Hawai‘i State Art Museum will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Honolulu Museum of Art will be open.
SEE ALSO: Accessions Exhibit Opens at the Hawai’i State Art Museum
Closed or Canceled
- The Neal S. Blaisdell Center box office will be closed.
- All Satellite City Halls and Driver Licensing Centers will be closed.
- All public libraries will be closed and those normally open on Sundays will be closed on Easter Sunday, April 9.
- Most state offices.
Traffic and Parking
- Free on-street parking, excluding the meters on Kalākaua Avenue along Queen Kapiʻolani Park, metered parking lots and .
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contraflow.
- Parking in Lanikai will be restricted from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.