What’s Open and Closed in Honolulu on Good Friday
Your guide to which Honolulu City and County and state services will be available or suspended in observance of Good Friday, April 2, 2021.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard, medical examiner and police services will be available.
- TheBus will operate on a state holiday schedule. Visit thebus.org for routes and other information.
- Parks, municipal golf courses, botanical gardens and the Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- Refuse will be collected.
- Transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER and the Waimānalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be open.
Closed or Canceled
- The Neal S. Blaisdell Center box office will be closed.
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- All Satellite City Halls and Driver Licensing Centers will be closed.
- All public libraries on Friday, April 2. ‘Aiea, Hawai‘i Kai libraries will be closed on Saturday, April 3. Kaimukī, Kāne‘ohe and Pearl City locations will be closed on Sunday, April 4.
- Most state offices.
Traffic and Parking
- Free on-street parking, excluding the meters on Kalākaua Avenue along Queen Kapiʻolani Park, metered parking lots and meters on specific streets in Wakīkī.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contraflow.
- Parking in Lanikai will be restricted from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. through the three-day weekend.