HONOLULU Family Easter Recipe: Hard-Boiled Chicks
Turn all those extra hard-boiled eggs into a fun spring snack.
Wondering what to do with all of the hard-boiled eggs your kids color? Practice your knife skills and turn the Easter leftovers into healthy snacks.
- Hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- Slice the carrot into 1/4-inch rounds.
- Use a knife to create pointed notches on the top of the carrot slice. Cut one of the rounds into beaks.
- Cut a slice off the bottom of the egg so it can stand up.
- Make a small cut in the top of each egg and insert the carrot slices.
- Insert the beaks on the front of the eggs.
- Use a toothpick to create a small hole for each eye. Insert capers into each hole, pressing them down until they stay.
Thanks to thehomesteadsurvival.com for the idea!
Order HONOLULU Family’s Surprise Easter Bunny Box here!
Looking for more Easter Fun? Check our Easter Corner for a roundup of events and activities, at-home craft ideas and even virtual storytimes!