Recipe: Snowball Cookies
These melt-in-your-mouth treats could spark a snowball fight! Scoop cookies into pails for a classroom snack or a fun party favor.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more if needed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix butter with powdered sugar and vanilla in an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add flour and salt until dough comes together. You may need to add more flour.
- Chill the dough for half-an-hour until you can work with the dough with your hands.
- Roll 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball. Place each on a cookie sheet then put the sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes before baking to keep the dough from spreading.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes until bottoms are slightly brown. Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes.
- Roll the warm cookies in powdered sugar.
- Cool on a rack. Roll in powdered sugar again if needed.
Thanks to settingforfour.com for the recipe.