Best in Real Estate Hawai‘i 2020 Fast Facts
- The Hawai‘i HomeOwnership Center offers a free one-hour orientation for homebuyers. It’s $60 to become a member and get access to counseling, classes, coaching sessions and more. Call (808) 523-9500 or go to hihomeownership.org to sign up.
- In 2019, 5,408 condos were sold on O‘ahu, a 4.8% decrease from the previous year and the biggest drop in one year since 2009.
- Unsure about your rights or obligations as a tenant? Call the Residential Landlord-Tenant Information Center at (808) 586-2634.
- Ililani Condominiums, a new building in Kaka‘ako, broke ground in October 2019 and will include a community garden, cinema club, coworking space and splash pool.
- Both the median and average sale prices for single-family homes on O‘ahu dropped last year for the first time since 2011.
- The median year for when residential units in Honolulu were built is 1975. The national median is 1977 and for the state, it’s 1978.
Factoid Sources: Hawai‘i Housing Planning Study, 2019; Honolulu Board of Realtors; Ililani LLC