Where to Find Santa in Honolulu in 2021
Where can your kids find Santa Claus this weekend? Here is our list for this holiday season.
When Santa Claus starts appearing at some of the biggest shopping malls on O‘ahu, you know the holiday season officially has begun! Here are some places where your keiki can take pictures with the jolly guy.
Ala Moana Center
View Santa through his special frame for a contactless visit.
- Daily through Wednesday, Nov. 24, hours vary.
- Friday, Nov. 26 and Saturday, Nov. 27: 10 a.m.–8 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov.28 through Saturday, Dec. 11: 11 a.m.–6 p.m. on Sunday; 11 a.m.–7 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 10 a.m.–8 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- Sunday, Dec. 12 through Thursday, Dec. 23: 11 a.m.–7 p.m. on Sunday; 10 a.m.—8 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- Friday, Dec. 24 (Christmas Eve), 10 a.m.—5 p.m.
- Santa Cares, in partnership with Autism Speaks, is on Sunday, Dec. 5 and Sunday, Dec. 12, from 9–10:30 am. A sensory-friendly environment is offered for children with sensitivities. As of Nov. 22, it appears these time slots are sold out.
- Closed on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday Nov. 28.
- “Pet Photo Nights,” where cats and dogs have their own sessions, are every Monday, Nov. 29 through Dec. 20 from 4–8 p.m.
- Photo packages start at $39.99 online here. Ala Moana Center, 1450 Ala Moana Blvd. alamoanacenter.com, @alamoanacenter
Hawai‘i Kai Towne Center
Santa arrives for one night of photo taking. The entertainment including stilt walkers, balloon animals and an ornament workshop begins at 3 p.m. with the jolly elf taking photos from 5:30—7 p.m.
View this post on Instagram
Visit Santa in his storybook-themed area near Macy’s. Walk-ups are accommodated if there is time between reserved spaces.
- Saturday, Nov. 20 through Sunday, Dec. 19: 2—6 p.m. Monday through Friday; 10 a.m.—6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- Monday, Dec. 20 through Friday, Dec. 24 (Christmas Eve): 10 a.m.—7 p.m.
- Closed on Thanksgiving.
- Santa takes daily breaks from 2 to 3 p.m.
- Photo packages begin at $33. Kāhala Mall, 4211 Waiʻalae Ave. (808) 732-7736, kahalamallcenter.com, @kahalamall
Ka Makana Ali‘i
Have a contactless visit with Santa. Every Wednesday, you can join him in themed nights including pajamas, prince and princesses, superheroes, ugly sweaters and ‘ohana.
- Friday, Nov. 26 through Sunday, Dec. 19: 2—6 p.m. Monday through Friday; 10 a.m.—7 p.m on Saturday; 10 a.m.—6 p.m. on Sunday.
- Monday, Dec. 20 through Wednesday, Dec. 22: 10 a.m.—7 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 23: 10 a.m.—4:30 p.m. We did not see any available times listed for Dec. 24 online.
- Photo packages begin at $33. Ka Makana Ali‘i, 91-5431 Kapolei Parkway, Kapolei. (808) 628-4800, kamakanaalii.com, @kamakanaalii
Mililani Shopping Center
Santa will arrive for one day only at the Christmas event. This will be first come, first serve from 9 a.m. to noon.
Take photos with Santa in his contactless area in the Wai Makai Center Court.
- Friday, Nov. 26 through Sunday, Nov. 28: 10 a.m.—7 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 24 (Christmas Eve), 10 a.m.—6 p.m.
- Santa takes a break 2—3 p.m. daily.
- 🎅🏽 Sensitive Santa appears on Dec. 11, in partnership with Autism Speaks, with dimmed lights and no music before the center opens.
- Pets with Santa on Dec. 10 and Dec. 17, 4—6 p.m.
- Photo packages start at $33. Pearlridge Center, 98-1005 Moanalua Road, (808) 488-0981, pearlridgeonline.com, @pearlridge
Royal Hawaiian Center
Santa will stop by for free photos from Snap & Cre8 on Wednesday and Saturday evenings. Personal cameras will not be allowed. Saturdays, he will be joined by characters from Storybook Entertainment. Parking is free for one hour with $10 purchase. Kama‘āina and military receive three free hours of parking with a $10 purchase, redeemable at guest services.
- Saturday, Nov. 27 through Wednesday, Dec. 22: 5:30—7:30 p.m. on Wednesday; 5—7 p.m. on Sunday.
- Free. Royal Hawaiian Center, 2201 Kalākaua Ave., Honolulu, (808) 922-0588, royalhawaiiancenter.com, @royalhwnctr
- Friday through Sunday until Dec. 22
- Sunday, Nov. 21 through Sunday, Dec. 5: 11 a.m.—6:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday; 11 a.m.—5 p.m. on Sunday.
- Friday, Dec. 10 through Sunday, Dec. 19: 11 a.m.—6:30 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Wednesday, Dec. 22 through Friday, Dec. 24 (Christmas Eve): 11 a.m.—6:30 p.m.
- Santa takes daily breaks from 2:30—3:30 p.m.
- Pet Photos: Dogs, cats and small animals can meet Santa on Sunday from Dec. 5 through Dec. 26, 11 a.m.—2:30 p.m. Pets must be on a leash or in a cage and come through a ground floor entrance. Only service animals are allowed to stay in the mall after the picture.
- No reservations necessary. Windward Mall, 46-056 Kamehameha Highway, Kāne‘ohe. (808) 235-1143, windwardmall.com, windwardmall
- Town Center of Mililani free photos with Santa. Wait list only. Saturdays, Nov. 27 through Dec. 18, 10 a.m.—1 p.m. towncenterofmililani.com