What’s Open and Closed in Honolulu for Hawai‘i Statehood Day
Your guide to the bus, open markets and what city services will be available for Aug. 20, 2021.
- Emergency medical services, fire, lifeguard, medical examiner and police services will be available.
- TheBus will operate on a state holiday schedule. Visit thebus.org for route and schedule information.
- The Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- Parks, municipal golf courses and botanical gardens will be open.
- Refuse will be collected.
- Transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER and the Waimānalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be open.
- All public libraries will be closed. Libraries that are usually closed on Friday, ‘Aiea and Hawai‘i Kai, will be closed on Saturday, Aug. 21.
CANCELLATIONS AND CLOSURES
- The Neal S. Blaisdell Box Office will be closed.
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- All satellite city halls and driver licensing centers will be closed.
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalākaua Avenue along Queen Kapi‘olani Park, metered parking lots and meters on specific Waikīkī streets. View the list of Waikīkī streets here.
- Parking will be restricted in Lanikai over the three-day weekend from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contraflow.