What’s Open and Closed for General Election Day in Honolulu
It may be an all-mail election day, but some offices will be closed on Nov. 3, 2020.
Record numbers of people have already sent in their ballots. Because this is our first all-vote-by-mail election, most traditional polling places will not open for in-person voting. But it is still Election Day in Hawaiʻi which means a holiday for some. Here is our list of what is open and closed Tuesday, Nov. 3.
- Satellite city halls and driver licensing centers
- Public schools
- The Honolulu Zoo
- Neal S. Blaisdell Center box office
- People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- Trash pickup services will continue on their normal schedule.
- H-POWER and the Waimānalo Gulch Landfill are open.
- Golf courses, parks and botanical gardens
- TheBus will operate on a weekday/no school schedule.
On-street parking is free except for the meters on Kalākaua Avenue along Kapiʻolani Park.