Halloween Recipe for Families: Strawberry Ghosts
Need a berry good idea for a classroom snack? These little ghosts are quick, easy, and cute!
- White melting chocolate (We liked Ghirardelli white melting wafers found at Safeway)
- Mini chocolate chips
- Wax paper
- Melt the chocolate according to manufacturers’ directions.
- Hold on to the green top and dip a strawberry in the white chocolate.
- Do not shake the excess off. Coat well and hold the strawberry just above wax paper, letting the excess drip to form a little ghost trail before setting the strawberry down.
- Place two mini-chocolate chips on the ghost for eyes and another for a mouth.
SEE ALSO: 🧟 Halloween Recipe for Families: Frankenstein Pudding Cups
- We had the best luck making three at a time.
- The white melting chocolate hardens quickly so make sure you put the chocolate chips eyes on before it’s too late.
- If the chocolate hardens, you can dip a toothpick in the bowl of melted chocolate and dab it on the chocolate chip in order to affix it to the strawberry.
- If you don’t find Ghirardelli’s wafers, we have also had good results with Candiquik sold at Target.
Thanks to blog.candiquik.com for the idea.
Want more craft and treat ideas? See our Halloween Corner for those and our full roundup of spooky events on O‘ahu.