HONOLULU Family Easter Recipe: Chocolate-Covered Barnyard Marshmallows
Make marshmallow and chocolate critters that are oh-so-sweet.
These chocolate-covered marshmallows receive an adorable upgrade with candy eyes and colorful coconut.
- Large marshmallows
- Mini marshmallows
- Green food coloring
- Coconut flakes
- White chocolate candy melts
- Pink and yellow sugar sprinkles
- Brown and orange candies
- Mini candy eyeballs
- Black icing
Melt white chocolate as directed on the package.
- Slice a thin piece of the large marshmallow to use as the head.
- Apply a thin layer of candy melts to the rest of the marshmallow and roll in coconut flakes.
- Use the candy melts to attach the eyes to the head and the head to the body.
- Snip the edge of a mini marshmallow to use for ears.
- Add decorating icing for a nose.
- Use melts to glue four brown candy pieces on as legs.
- Apply a thin layer of candy melts to a large marshmallow and roll in pink sanding sugar.
- Cut a mini marshmallow in half diagonally for ears. Apply a thin layer of candy melts to those and another mini marshmallow and roll in pink sugar.
- Use candy melts to attach the eyes, ears and snout to the head.
- Draw on nose with decorating icing.
- Use melts to glue four orange candy pieces on as legs.
- Slice a large marshmallow in half.
- Apply a thin layer of candy melts to both parts and roll in yellow sugar sprinkles.
- Cut orange candy pieces in half to create beaks.
- Use candy melts to attach eyes and beak to the head, then to attach the head to the body.
- Add two orange candy pieces as arms.
Find more crafts by Emily Abad at Instagram.com/uniquecraftdesigns.
Order HONOLULU Family’s Surprise Easter Bunny Box here!
Looking for more Easter Fun? Check our Easter Corner for a roundup of events and activities, at-home craft ideas and even virtual storytimes!