HONOLULU Family Easter Craft: Mini Egg Planters
These tiny planters are eco-friendly and fun to make.
Don’t throw away your colored Easter eggs! Here’s a fun and eco-friendly way to recycle those eggs into pretty mini planters that’s sure to help your garden grow.
- Egg shells with a hole at the top (big enough to fit a small plant)
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brushes
- Small plants or seeds
- Paint your design of choice onto the egg. Pretty it up with fun and funky designs to make your garden dazzle.
- Let it sit to dry for a few hours, or until they are dry to the touch
- Fill emptied-out egg shells half-way with soil.
- Add your small plant or seed, then fill the rest of the shell with soil to the top of the egg
- Water your new plant and watch it grow.
Bonus: When the plants grow and need repotting, you can use the crushed egg shells as fertilizer.
Looking for more Easter Fun? Check our Easter Corner for a roundup of events and activities, at-home craft ideas and even virtual storytimes!