HONOLULU Family Classroom Treat: Surprise Carrot Cupcakes
This simple five-step recipe reveals a bunny surprise in chocolate cupcakes.
- Chocolate cake mix
- Cupcake liners
- Creamy decorator icing
- Chocolate icing
- Green and Orange food coloring
- Crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
Directions for Cupcakes
- Make cupcakes according to mix instructions using cupcake liners. Cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are baking, tint small amount of decorator icing green. Tint remaining icing orange.
- Ice the top of cooled cupcakes with chocolate icing. Dust tops with sandwich cookie crumbs. Chill until set, about 15 minutes.
- Use a knife to cut out the center of the cupcakes almost to the bottom. Use tip 2A, or cut a very small corner off of a Ziploc bag, and pipe the orange icing into the hole and about 1/4 inch above the cupcake. Pat smooth.
- Use tip 352, or a bag with the corner cut off, to pipe on green icing in the shape of carrot leaf tops.
Recipe from Wilton.
Order HONOLULU Family’s Surprise Easter Bunny Box here!
Looking for more Easter Fun? Check our Easter Corner for a roundup of events and activities, at-home craft ideas and even virtual storytimes!