Keiki Treat: Frozen Hot Chocolate
Sip Sip Hooray! Even Frosty would be safe sipping this icy version of a wintertime favorite.
Photo: David Croxford
Frozen hot chocolate.
Make it ahead and keep it in the freezer for those hot days.
- 2 cups milk plus more for blending
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Combine ingredients in a saucepan. Whisk on the stove until chocolate chips are melted.
- Let cool. Pour into an ice-cube tray.
- Freeze overnight.
- Place ice cubes in a blender and blend. You may need to add more milk until the drink reaches your desired consistency.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Skip the skim milk, a little fat keeps this drink nice and rich. We tried it with unsweetened coconut milk and got delicious results.
Looking for more family fun? Find more craft ideas, tasty snack recipes, festive fun and a full roundup of events, including Santa hours and city light trolleys, in our Holiday Corner.