Family Recipes to Try at Home with the Keiki: Easter Cookie Pops
Fun and festive treats that are easy to eat on the run.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- White candy melts, melted
- Primary, garden candy color sets
- Yellow and white pearl dust
- Imitation clear vanilla extract
- Colored sugar of your choice
- Jumbo confetti sprinkles
- Treat sticks
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and almond extracts; mix until blended.
4. Stir in flour mixture. Do not chill dough; divide into two balls.
5. On floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approximately 12 inches in diameter and 1/8-inch thick.
6. Dip egg-shaped cookie cutter in flour and cut dough; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake 6 to 7 minutes and cool.
8. Tint melted white candy desired colors. Pour over cooled cookies to cover. Tap to settle; chill until firm.
9. Decorate with melted candy, sprinkles and colored sugars.
10. Brush set candy decorations with pearl dust/vanilla mixture.
11. Attach sticks to backs of cookies using melted candy.