Adminstrative Professionals Week
Celebrate and reward your support staff with a delicious lunch at one of these Hale Aina Award-winning restaurants.
Find lunch specials and menus at:
- Chai’s Island Bistro
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House – Restaurant Row
- Romano’s Macaroni Grill
- The Willows
- The Pineapple Room by Alan Wong
- Big City Diner
- Orchids at the Halekulani
Check back for additional updates as they are received.
Chai’s Island Bistro offers a convenient and upscale venue to celebrate this special occassion.
Chai’s Island Bistro offers an nice, easy walk to and from downtown Honolulu, which will come in handy after treating the staff to the special buffet offered for Administrative Professionals Day on April 21st or the 3-course lunch offered the entire week, April 20 – 23.
Administrative Professionals Week Special
Throughout the week, starting April 20th, Chai’s Island Bistro will have a special 3-course lunch for $40 per person.
Smoked Duck Breast & Jumbo Black Tiger Prawn Salad
Roasted Beet, Yellow Tear Drop Tomato, English Cucumber, Poached pear, Heart of Palm Lotus Root Chips and Tangerine Vinaigrette
Entree (choice of one)
- Lobster & Scallop Pot Pie with Lobster Reduction
Served with Kabocha Pumpkin Gnocchi
- Deconstructed Grilled Beef Tenderloin Wellington
Served with Mashed Potato and Baby Vegetables
Heart Shaped White Chocolate Amore Truffle
Fresh Raspberry Guava Puree
Administrative Professionals Day All-You-Can-Eat Buffet
Choose from signature favorites like the King Crab Cake with Garlic Aioli (above) or Jumbo Black Tiger Prawns (below). Photos: courtesy of Chai’s Island Bistro.
On Wednesday, April 21st, Chai’s will host an all-you-can-eat buffet featuring some of the restaurant’s signature favorites.
- Fresh Ahi Katsu with Fresh Mango Tomato Salsa
- Alaskan King Crab Cake with Roasted Garlic Aioli
- Kataifi & Macadamia Nut Crusted Jumbo Black Tiger Prawns
- Vegetarian Spring Rolls Pineapple Plum sauce
- Thai Curry Puffs
- Jumbo Shrimp and Crab Claws Cocktails
Soups & Salads
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Lobster Bisque
- Oriental Chicken Salad with Ginger Sesame Dressing
- Organically Grown Baby Greens with Balsamic Tamarind Dressing
- Organically Grown Baby Romaine with Caesar Dressing
- Fresh Fruit Platter
- Grilled Fresh Atlantic King Salmon with Truffle Madeira Sauce
- Thai Chicken Curry with Bamboo Shoots & Fresh Basil
- Lemongrass & Garlic Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Merlot Demiglace
- Vegetarian Stir-fried with Tofu
- Seafood Tortellini with Lobster Reduction
- Crème Brulee with Fresh Tahitian Vanilla Beans
- Peanut Butter Opera
- Chocolate Decadence with Fresh Strawberry
- New York Style Brulee’ Cheese Cake with Raspberry Guava Puree
- Macadamia Nut Tart
- And More…
Lunch starts from 11 a.m. and the buffet is available for $37.95 per person (plus tax & gratuity).
For reservations, call 808-585-0011.
Administrative Professionals Week specials continue…
The Signature Filet (Above) and Bread pudding (below). PhotoS: courtesy of Ruth’s Chris Steak House.
Ruth’s Chris Steak House in Restaurant Row is opening for April 21 – 23 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. for special luncheons in celebration of Administrative Professional’s Week.
“We have had so many inquiries about luncheons that we opted to open Ruth’s Chris Steak House in Restaurant Row for Administrative Professional’s Week gatherings. We are so appreciative of the many administrative assistants that handle reservations on a regular basis for their company officials for dinner, and look forward to giving them an unforgettable lunchtime experience,” said Don Asam, General Manager. According to Asam, both a la carte and complete menu options are being offered to accommodate reservations of all sizes, including those for the private rooms at Ruth’s Chris.
The a la carte menu kicks off with such appetizers as Barbecued Shrimp, Veal Osso Buco Ravioli with sautéed spinach and a white wine demi glace, Seared Ahi Sashimi complemented by a spirited sauce, Mushrooms Stuffed with Crabmeat. Salads, perfect for lunch, include the Caesar, Seared Ahi Tuna Salad, Chilled Shellfish Salad and Oriental Chicken Salad. The restaurant will also offer a Chicken Caesar Wrap and Cobb Salad Wraps.
Of course no menu at Ruth’s Chris Steak House would be complete without offering its signature custom-aged Midwestern beef, broiled to 1800 degrees and served sizzling. Lunch goers are invited to try the Petite or Filet, available in two sizes of the most tender cut of corn-fed beef, or the 12 or 16 ounce Ribeye, well marbled for extra flavor. Other entrée selections are Stuffed Chicken Breast, Sizzlin’ Blue Crab Cakes, Barbecued Shrimp, Blackened Mahimahi and Lobster Tail. Side dishes that have made Ruth’s Chris famous—mashed potatoes, julienne potatoes, broccoli, sautéed mushrooms, and the acclaimed creamed spinach—also are available.
“We plan to make this special luncheon memorable, so allow time for coffee, tea and, of course, dessert before heading back to work,” said Asam. To tempt offices, he enumerated the dessert menu that includes all the popular ones from the dinner menu—bread pudding with whiskey sauce, crème brulee, chocolate sin cake, cheesecake, and so many more–and for those not returning to their jobs, he added that the complete wine and cocktail list will be available, including an array of coffee drinks.
Reservations can be made at 808-599-3860.
Romano’s Macaroni Grill will celebrate Administrative Professionals Week from Monday, April 19 – Friday, April 23.
Each Administrative Professionals who dines with at the Ala Moana restaurant will receive a special gift including a Complimentary Dessert Card from Romano’s Macaroni Grill.
General Manager Darren Yasui and Chef Michael Longworth and their team are looking forward to honoring our Administrative Professionals and will offer their complete menu including favorites like Eggplant Parmesan, Lasagana Al Forno and Veal Saltimbocca.
Can’t make it out of the office, but still want to celebrate? Romano’s Macaroni Grill at Ala Moana Center also offers a special ‘Plan Your Own Party’ option recently announced, where you can pick-up lunch for 10 or more at an affordable $14.99 per person.
For information and reservations, call Romano’s Macaroni Grill at (808) 356.8033.
Administrative Professionals Week specials continue…
The willows offers a delicious
The signature Shrimp Curry is one of the favorites on the menu to celebrate Administrative Professionals Week.
Photos: courtesy of The Willows.
The Willows will be serving a special lunch menu for the full administrative professionals week from April 19 to April 23. The lunch buffet will be offered from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The menu will include a variety of local favorites, traditional Hawaiian selections, a selection of warm entrees and chilled salads and desserts. All administrative professionals will also receive a special complimentary gift courtesy of The Willows and be entered to win a grand prize.
Willows favorites such as Slow roasted Kalua Pig and Cabbage, Steamed traditional Lau Lau, Chicken Long Rice, The Willows famous Shrimp Curry, The Willows famous Chicken curry and Rosemary Salt crusted Prime Rib will be on the menu.
Here’s a look at some of the other offerings:
- Chinese Chicken Salad
- Caesar Salad w/Garlic croutons
- Steamed Watercress & Bean Sprout Salad
- Red Potato & Fresh Dill Salad w/Buttermilk dressing
- Chilled Somen Noodle Salad with Tsuyu Sauce
- Ahi poke with Maui onions, chili pepper, and sesame oil
- Kim Chee Tako Poke
- An Assorted Sushi Selection
- Steamed Vegetables with Garlic Herb Butter
- New England Style Clam Chowder
- Blue Crab & Shrimp Orzo Pasta with Citrus Butter Sauce
- Furikake Chicken Karaage
- Braised Asian Beef short ribs w/Ginger Cilantro Pesto
- Misoyaki Butterfish.
- Green Tea Panna Cotta
- Chocolate mousse cake
- Vanilla & Caramel Flan
- Chocolate Mint Pave
- NY Style Cheesecake w/Oreo crumbles
- Chocolate & Vanilla Soft Serve Ice Cream
- Coconut & Pineapple bread pudding with crème anglaise.
For more information, please visit www.willowshawaii.com or call (808) 952-9200 for reservations.
The Pineapple Room offers a convenient and relaxe setting to celebrate. Photo: courtesy of Alan Wong’s restaurants.
The Pineapple Room by Alan Wong will feature a special 3-course menu throughout Administrative Professionals Week, April 19-23.
The restaurant will feature a special 3-course prix fixe menu for only $24 per person (plus tax and gratuity).
Ahi and Wailea Agriculture Heart of Palm, Cucumbers, Soy Vinegar Gelee
Kiawe Grilled Lemon Pepper Shrimp with Nozawa Farms Kahuku Corn and Onions, Kabayaki Sauce
"Leche Flan" – Filipino Inspired Custard with Fresh Fruits
For reservations, call (808) 945-6573.
The Pineapple Room is exclusively available for private parties and corporate events on Sunday evenings. Inquire with Gary Matsumoto at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Big City Diner locations throughout Oahu will offer $10 weekly specials or the Chef’s Special Herb Stuffed Chicken to celebrate the week.
On Administrative Professionals Day, Wednesday, April 21st, Big City Diner Waipio will host a concert and prime rib luncheon buffet benefiting The Boys & Girls Club Hale Pono Club House.
From 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., the Prime Rib Luncheon Buffet will include live entertainment By ‘Ike Pono and a number of giveaways including trips for two to the Neighbor Islands.
Tickets are $25 and can be purchased in advance at this special site or at Big City Diner Waipio.
Call Frances Rivero at 808-689-4182 for more information.
Photo: courtesy of Halekulani
Halekulani, On the Beach at Waikiki, is pleased to offer the award-winning cuisine of Orchids in honor of “Administrative Professionals Week,” April 21 – 23, 2010, from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Celebrated for its exquisite international Sunday Brunch, Orchids will offer a similar culinary array featuring a special pre-fix menu that includes an appetizer buffet, “live” chef stations, a choice of entrée and a scrumptious dessert buffet. Orchid’s a la carte menu will also be available.
Orchid’s Administrative Professionals specialty menu will feature:
- Oysters with Yuzu Cucumber Vinaigrette
- Shrimp Cocktail Thousand Island Dressing
- Smoked Salmon with Hawaiian Honey and Dill Dressing
- Ahi Poke, California Roll
- Hummus, Baba Ghanoush, Tabbouleh,
- Romaine Hearts with Tomato and “Naked Cow Farm” Feta Cheese
- Roasted Vegetables with Olive Tapenade
- Tomato & Mozzarella with Basil Pesto
- Pita Bread
“Live” Chef Stations
- Wednesday – Lobster and Potato Gnocchi
- Thursday – Asian Style BBQ Beef Tortillas with Tomato Relish and Guacamole
- Friday – Steamed Mussels with Saffron Nage and Garlic Aioli
Choice of Entree
- Lobster and Crab Burger
Sambal Aioli, Pickled Cucumber and Dill Parmesan Fries
- Onaga “Orchids Style”
Steamed Long Tail Snapper, Shiitake Mushrooms, Green Onions, Sizzled with Sesame Oil and Soy Sauce
- Scallop and Shrimp Curry
Steamed Basmati Rice and Papadum
- Grilled Chicken
Moroccan Spiced Chicken with Grilled Lemon and Watercress Salad
- Filet Mignon
Ali‘i Mushrooms, Roasted Kabocha, Malbec Sauce
- Tajine of Roasted Vegetables on Basmati Rice with Chickpeas and Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
- Mini Almond Cakes, Berry Napoleon
- Crème Fraîche Panna Cotta with Strawberry Gelée
- Pistachio and White Chocolate Roulade
- Cheesecake Soufflé
- Chocolate Raspberry Decadence Cake
- Kona Coffee and Cream Gelée
- Coconut Cake, Mango Shortcakes
- Lilikoi Meringue Tart, Homemade Cookies
- Malasadas and Ice Cream with Assorted Condiments
Orchid’s “Administrative Professionals Week” specialty menu is available for $39 per person (plus tax and gratuity). For parties of 6 or more guests, a service charge of 18% will be applied.
Reservations required at (808) 923-2311, ask for dining reservations.
These are just a few of the specials being offered, though make your reservations early. Check back for additional updates, or follow us on Twitter (@HonoluluMag) or friend us on Facebook for announcements on when updates have been added.