Your Weekend: The Best Family Events-March 27, 2019
Listen to the music of Disney come alive, take a stuffed animal on a sleepover and watch aerialists spin in the air.
MusicthatPops: Disney in Concert
Add a little culture to your kids’ Disney films at this special Hawai‘i Symphony Orchestra performance. Musicians will perform favorite songs from The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and more as scenes from the animated movies play on the big screen and guest vocalists provide the voices. And, as a bonus, you can snack while you sing along. Drinks and dry snacks are allowed in the concert hall at these special MusicthatPops shows.
- All ages
- Tickets begin at $27. $15 student rush tickets are available now at the Hawai‘i Symphony Orchestra Box Office, 3610 Wai‘alae Ave, until Friday and at the Neal Blaisdell Center Box Office through the weekend.
- Saturday, March 30, 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, March 31, 4 p.m.
- Blaisdell Center Concert Hall, 777 Ward Ave.
- (808) 380-7784, hawaiisymphonyorchestra.org
Looking for more family fun? Subscribers to our free weekly eNewsletter also learned about a big duck race, a free test track for kids, where to find stilt walkers and more. Click here to sign up now!
Pāhoehoe and Pajamas at Bishop Museum
Your keiki’s favorite stuffed friend can go on an overnight adventure. This special program at this Best of HONOLULU Family winner invites kids for story time and some fun at the Science Adventure Center. Then they’ll leave their fuzzy friends behind. When you pick them up in the morning, kids will receive digital photos showing them what their stuffed animals did while they were gone.
- 2 to 8 years
- $10 per person
- Friday, March 29. 5 to 7 p.m.
- Bishop Museum, 1525 Bernice St.
- (808) 847-3511, bishopmuseum.org
Mom Made Market
The market that celebrates mom-preneurs is back at a new location this weekend. Stop by the International Market Place to shop for jewelry, cute keiki clothes, swimwear and kids room décor. While you browse, kids can meet princesses and superheroes from Storybook Entertainment, pick up a balloon animal, watch the Lightsaber Academy and enjoy entertainment by teenage ‘ukulele performer Karlie Goya and Pow Wow School of Music. Buy a Mom Made Market for $20 to get in an hour early and to score additional discounts from more than 30 vendors and at nearby Eden in Love.
- All ages
- Free admission
- Saturday, March 30, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday, March 31, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- International Market Place, 2330 Kalākaua Ave.
Super American Circus
High-flying aerialists, motorcycle stunt riders and a man balancing on a stack of chairs are just some of the acts at this one-ring circus. The Super American Circus returns to Hawai‘i with a special performance by local boy Jordan Segundo, former American Idol contestant and KITV anchor. Get there early to get your face painted and take photos with characters.
- All ages
- $14 for kids 3 to 12, general admission starts at $28. Family packs for two adults and three children are $69.50.
- Friday, March 29, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, March 30 at noon and 4 p.m. Sunday, March 31, 1 p.m.
- Neal Blaisdell Arena, 777 Ward Ave.
Noodle Fest Hawai‘i
If noodles are always a hit with your kids, this festival will have more than 20 options for dinner. Pick up everything from truffle ramen and old-school saimin to pork adobo noodles, spaghetti, chicken long rice, a pho pot pie and other dishes from restaurants around the state. Make sure to check out the festival exclusive dish by sponsor Sun Noodle, the garlic butter shrimp saimin, and the adorbs ramen-inspired “Ramen Roll Bowl” made of Sweet Creams rolled ice cream, mochi “kamaboko” and Pocky “chopsticks.”