Wine Tasting at Original Roy's
The original Roy’s Hawaii Kai had so much fun with last year’s "industry-style" wine tasting, they decided to make it an annual affair.
Photo: courtesy of Roy’s Restaurants.
On Wednesday, August 11th from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Roy’s Restaurant presents an evening with seventeen leading wineries from across the country at the flagship Roy’s Hawaii Kai.
The industry style wine tasting, which is normally only open to industry professionals, will feature 17 wineries and more than 90 labels. This is a rare opportunity for non-professional wine enthusiasts to experience some really great American labels and broaden their palates.
Participating wineries include:
- Plumpjack Winery (Napa Valley)
- Cade Winery (Napa Valley)
- Domaine Serene (Willamette Valley, Oregon)
- Duckhorn Wine Co.
- Duckhorn Vineyards (Napa Valley)
- Paraduxx (Napa Valley)
- Goldeneye (Anderson Valley)
- Miner Family Vineyards (Napa Valley)
- Handley Cellars (Anderson Valley)
- Selby Winery (Sonoma County)
- Robert Biale Vineyards (Napa Valley)
- Jeriko Estate & San Greal Winery (Mendocino County)
- Bonny Doon Vineyard (“Earth”)
- Paradigm (Napa Valley)
- Truchard Vineyards (Carneros/Napa Valley)
- MacRostie Winery & Vineyards (Sonoma County)
- John Anthony (Napa Valley))
- JaM Cellars (Napa Valley)
- Landmark Vineyards (Sonoma Valley)
- Vino del Sol
Photo: courtesy of Roy’s Hawaii Kai
The event also gives the Roy’s Restaurant chefs an opportunity to create pupus which will pair well with the wines.
A tentative menu currently includes selections like: “Frying Dragon“ Ahi Tartare, Hiramasa Poisson Cru, Grilled Szechuan Spiced Baby Back Pork Ribs, Kulana Beef, Shiso Pesto Scallops, Balsamic Marinated Lamb Tenderloin, Yuzu Pesto Shrimp Scampi Forks, Lup Cheong Dynamite Stuffed Oysters, Truffle Hamakua Mushroom Risotto Cakes, Duck & Foie Gras Sliders, Wild Boar Sausage, Crispy Chicken Potstickers, Lobster & Waimanalo Corn Pudding, Hot Iron Seared Misoyaki Butterfish and Cheese & Paté.*
*Menu items may be subject to change
The price per person is $65 including tax and gratuity.
Call Roy’s Hawaii Kai at 808-396-7697 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to “reserve your glass.”