Wine Dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak House
Past Best of Honolulu winner, HASR Wine Co. is hosting another great Winemakers Dinner at Ruth’s Chris Steak House with the owners of Kukkula Vineyards, Kevin and Paula Jussila. The wines are new to the islands and has established a following in the Wine world. This is a special opportunity to have dinner with the Owner/Winemaker of Kukkula Vineyards.
Photo courtesy of HASR Wine Co.
Ruth’s Chris Steak House is preparing a 3-course menuto pair with these delicious new wines.
Choice of Salad or Soup
- Caesar Salad
- Steak House Salad
- Louisiana Seafood Gumbo
Photo courtesy of Ruth’s Chris Steak House.
Choice of Entree
- Filet with Grilled Shrimp – The most tender cut of corn-fed Midwestern beef topped with grilled shrimp
- Veal Chop- Veal chop marinated overnight in a savory blend of pepper vinegar, garlic and onions. Broiled and served sizzling with hot and sweet peppers
- Ribeye (16 oz.) – An outstanding example of USDA Prime at its best. Well marbled for peak flavor, deliciously juicy
Choice of Accompaniment
- Mashed Potatoes
- Creamed Spinach
- Sautéed Mushroom
- Local Broiled Tomatoes
Choice of Dessert
- Ice Cream
- Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce
The wines of Kukkula:
- Vaalea – a white blend of 50% Viognier and 50% Roussane. The word – vaalea — means light or white in Finnish
- I.P.O – a blend of 80% Cabernet, 10% Syrah and 10% Zinfandel. I.P.O stands for Initial Public Offering and refers to Kevin’s first wine and his background or real job as a trader with Merril Lynch
- Sisu – a blend of Grenache, Syrah, and Mourvedre —– sisu is a Finnish word for patience, perseverance and stamina
- Lothario – a blend of Grenache, Mourvedre and Zinfandel named for their friend, Lothar, who helped Kevin realize his dream of starting a winery in Paso
- In the Red – a blend of 50% Cabernet and 50% Syrah a unique name for a red wine, as it not only describes the wine but the financial position that starting a winery has placed Kevin in.
The cost for the dinner is $75 inclusive.
Reservations should be made through HASR Wine Co. at 535-9463.