What’s Inside the Beauty Bag of Swimwear Designer Malia Jones?
We took a dip into her beauty bag to see how she manages to stay so fresh.
On Malia: Kaftan, $395, bandeau one-piece swimsuit, $245.
Hair/Makeup: Risa Hoshino Photo: Odeelo Dayondon
Surfer, swimwear designer and mom of two Malia Jones always looks like a perfect hang-10. We took a dip into her beauty bag to see how she manages to stay so fresh between work and family, salt, sand and sun.
1. “I use Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Nourishing Baby Oil all over after swimming or showering instead of lotion—it’s the best and it has no parabens.”
$8.99, Whole Foods Kāhala, Kāhala Mall, 808-738-0820
2. “Bobbi Brown’s Tinted Eye Brightener makes everything better.”
$31, Sephora, 2250 Kālakaua Ave., Suite 153, 808-923-3301
3. “Natura Bissé Diamond White Serum works wonders at night for sun spots!”
$325, The Spa at Trump, 223 Saratoga Road, 808-683-7777
4. “Eminence Organic Skin Care’s Facial Recovery Oil is my favorite product in the whole, wide world. If I had to choose just one, this would be it.”
$64, The Spa at the Modern Honolulu, see below.
5. “Eminence Organic Skin Care's Blueberry Soy Night Recovery Cream smells delicious and hydrates all night!”
$76, The Spa at the Modern Honolulu, 1775 Ala Moana Blvd., 808-943-5882
IN THE SWIM:
Malia Jones Swism SS15, Bandeau bikini in Holiday, $215.
Photo: Courtesy of Malia Jones
Jones is making waves in the local fashion scene with her newly launched luxury resortwear line replete with sleek swimsuits and modern, understated cover-ups.
“I wanted to create a collection of swim basics that were simple and beautiful, that fit great. All the fabrics are soft and luxurious. It’s resort and swim for the fashion crowd.”
Available at maliajones.com select styles available at No. 808, 66-165 Kamehameha Hwy., 808-312-1579.
READ MORE STORIES BY NATALIE SCHACK