Weekend Picks – September 27, 2012
On the Market
What: Help kick off the launch of Honolulu Night Market at Kakaako, a monthly event that will take over Auahi St. with food, fashion, music, art, and, of course, shopping. Enjoy a T&C Surf skate team demo, surprise street performers, hookah lounge, and live DJ while noshing on plates from chef Mark Noguchi, Miso & Ale, Pig and the Lady, and more. Then, check out the following fashionable offerings:
- • Pure Joy Adornments: New fall items not available online, including marquise, arrowhead and emerald cuts in peach moonstone, brown agate and white rubies.
- • Imi Jewelry: Exclusive friendship bracelet with mini gold bow tie, special price of $40 for an infinity ring and stud earrings set.
- • Hex by Fetu: Chevron-inspired bracelets made with hex nuts, rhinestones and beads.
- • Calieco: T-shirt scarves, City Glitz necklaces, headbands, Bang Bang Bangles and braided belts with a bamboo rings.
- • Genuine Guava: Purses made from recycled and vintage material, pillows, hats and hair accessories.
- • LMS Boutique: An assortment of tops and accessories, including the Mister Ring (above).
- • Organik: Mahalo hats and tees, sale items at $25 or two for $40.
- • No Ka Oink: Hand-screened shirts with culinary-driven designs, assorted vintage and repurposed curios.
- • And don’t miss a fashion show featuring looks from Bamboo Sky, Roam Hawaii, In4mation, Gillia and more, styled by Lindsey Higa.
When: Saturday, 7 p.m.-midnight.
Where: 683 Auahi St.
Details: $2 general admission, $15 premium access (21 and over only). Parking is available at 555 South St. Click here for more information.
Make Up Call
What: Join us tonight for Lei Chic’s first-ever Beauty Boutique! Enjoy pupu and champagne, visit some of the world’s top beauty brands to fill out your stamp card, then take home a goodie bag of beauty samples. You can also enter to win a $300 or $100 Jo Malone gift basket (you must be present to win). Plus, stock up on your favorite beauty products, apparel and accessories, all tax-free!
When: Tonight, 5-8 p.m.
Where: DFS Galleria Waikiki, 330 Royal Hawaiian Ave.
Details: Parking is validated at the Waikiki Trade Center on Seaside Ave. for up to three hours. Enter DFS Galleria Waikiki from Royal Hawaiian Ave., take the elevator to the 2nd floor and check in at the Beauty Concierge on your left.
What: Calling all yogis – don’t miss Lily Lotus’ huge warehouse sale this Saturday. Go early to score samples and seasonal inventory at 50-75 percent below retail prices. Plus, stock up on burnout tees, bamboo tops and bottoms for less than $30, with tanks, tops and yoga pants going as low as $10.
When: Saturday, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
Where: Lily Lotus Headquarters, 3160 Waialae Ave.
Details: Cash only, all sales final.
What: Fighting Eel Downtown is celebrating its second anniversary with a slew of gifts, just for you! Expect hourly giveaways all day long from Riyo, Padma & Pickles, Noelani Designs, NattoLee Jewelry, Pearl.Love, B. D’Angelo, a.wattz, Tolani and more. Plus, the first 50 shoppers to spend $100 or more will receive a free Fighting Eel tote.
When and Where: Fighting Eel Downtown, Saturday, 10:30 a.m.-6 p.m., 1133 Bethel St.
Hair You Go
What: Fellas, if you need a haircut, Sunday’s the time to do it. Not only is Mojo Barbershop offering $10 haircuts, all donations and sales from that day will go to Hawaii Children’s Cancer Foundation. Plus, make a donation of $5 or more and get 10 percent off your next service.
When: Sunday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Where: Mojo Barbershop, 1157 Bethel St.
Details: Call (808) 888-2068 to make an appointment. Walk-ins are also welcome.
Ice, Ice Baby
What: What’s better than enjoying a delicious serving of ice cream? Knowing it will help make a struggling child’s dream come true. Today only, if you buy any Love It or Gotta Have It size ice cream, yogurt or sorbet creation, Cold Stone Creamery will donate $1 to Make-A-Wish Foundation; all the more reason to order two.
Where: All Cold Stone Creamery locations on Oahu. Click here for a complete list.
Wherefore Art Thou
What: Looking for something to do after Honolulu Museum of Art’s ARTafterDark? Head over to Auntie Pasto’s for a little art after ARTafterDARK. The local eatery is hosting its own late-night tribute to the arts with a live painting session by artist Rebecca Snow, live music by Beau Albrechtson and Keanu Lockwood of Local Uprising, $4 wine and beer specials and an open kitchen.
When: Tomorrow, 9-11 p.m.
Where: Auntie Pasto’s, 1099 S. Beretania St.
Details: For more information, call (808) 523-8855.