Recipe: Summer Rolls
This light and fresh Vietnamese appetizer is the perfect prelude to an Asian-inspired meal.
- Lettuce, torn into small strips
- Bean sprouts
- Mint leaves
- Vermicelli noodles, cooked according to directions
- Shrimp, boiled, deveined and sliced in half or roasted pork
- Rice paper
- Dip rice paper in water, remove and shake off excess water.
- Lay rice paper on a plate and place lettuce strips, bean sprouts and mint leaves on top.
- Place vermicelli noodles on top of the greens.
- Place three pieces of shrimp on the noodles.
- Fold in ends of the rice paper and roll from the bottom up as tight as possible.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
In a small dish, combine:
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- Roasted peanuts
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Sponsored by Pho Vietnam