Keiki Snack: Strawberr-Wee Fruit Leather
Strawberries and honey combine for a kid-favorite fruity snack without artificial ingredients.
- 3 cups strawberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Remove the stems from the strawberries and rinse.
- Place the strawberries and honey in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour the mixture onto a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet and spread with the back of a spoon or spatula in a large rectangle, making sure that the mixture is completely even.
- Bake for 2 to 3 hours or until it’s dry and not sticky to the touch. Remember, cooking times will vary depending on how thick you spread the mixture and how much juice is naturally in the fruit.
- Allow to sit and cool at room temperature. When you first take the leather out of the oven, the edges will be a bit dry and crispy. But if you allow it to sit overnight, it softens up nicely.
- Cut into strips with a knife, pizza cutter or scissors, keeping the paper on, and then roll the leather into “roll ups.”
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours plus several hours of cooling.
Source: Catherine McCord