Stock your shower with Hawaii-made soaps
For some good, clean fun, stock your shower with locally made soap lines in bright, tantalizing flavors that smell delicious enough to eat.
Roberta Oaks Joe seersucker dress, $145, Roberta Oaks, 19 N. Pauahi St., 808-428-1214. Pip teapot, $60, sugar bowl, $20, bird cake stand, $75, Rosanna ribbon cake stand, $34, Cupcakes cloche, $23, Red Pineapple, Ward Centers, 808-593-2733.
Photo: David Croxford, Model: tara gilbert, premier models and talent. hair andmakeup: risa hoshino. nails: maggie lin, w salon and spa.
1. Kula Herbs Excellent Soap is handcrafted in Kula, Maui and dressed in fun, eco-friendly wrap that’s as juicy as its flavors, which range from Lilikoi Guava and Mango to Lemongrass Sage. $18 for a set of five mini soaps, Sand People, Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort and Spa, 808-924-6773.
2. Lanikai Bath and Body’s creamy soaps tout exotic infusions of locally harvested plants, soothing coconut and macadamia oils. A few of our faves include the Mango, Ruby Red Guava and Coconut Lime Verbena. $6.50 each, Lanikai Bath and Body, 600 Kailua Rd. #119, 808-262-3260.
3. Maui Soap Company’s gorgeous, multi-hued bars, made in scents such as Lilikoi and Mango Papaya, are hand-mixed then accented with smaller, contrasting pieces. $8 each, Accents, The Royal Hawaiian, A Luxury Collection Resort, 808-924-9599.
4. Bubble Shack Hawaii’s trapezoid and glycerin-based loofah soaps sport colors and swirls as spunky as their scents’ names, which include Lick Me Lilikoi and Pineapple Shimmer. $6.80 each, SoHa Living, Kahala Mall, 808-591-9777.
5. Hawaiian Bath and Body’s fragrant soaps are cut and shaped at the North Shore’s historic Waialua Sugar Mill in tropical scents such as Coconut Cream, Mint Chocolate, Hawaiian Mango and Pineapple. $6.25 each, North Shore Soap Factory, 67-106 Kealohanui St., 808-637-8400.