Restaurant Week Hawaii
Celebrate Restaurant Week Hawaii 2009 — now through Sunday, November 22nd. Restaurant Week Hawaii is your opportunity to dine out, from fine-dining to fast food, and get a great deal on a prix fixe menu from some of Hawaii’s best restaurants.
Students in the KCC Culinary Arts Program. Image: courtesy of Culinary Institute of the Pacific.
It’s a chance to discover that restaurant you’ve always wanted to try or just get a great deal on the featured meal at a restaurant you regularly visit. A number of the prix fixe meals have been designed specifically for this week, so make sure to stop in and order the "Restaurant Week special"!
The restaurants who are participating are doing so in support for the development of a University of Hawaii Culinary Institute of the Pacific at Diamond Head, which will be an advanced education and training program for students as well as practicing chefs. It will be built on the former Cannon Club site and will extend the two-year programs available at our UH Community Colleges. Currently, Hawaii culinary students must go to the Mainland or elsewhere for advanced education, which is cost-prohibitive for many of them.
Over 60 restaurants are participating in Restaurant Week, and among them there are 33 Hale Aina Award winners. Here’s a look at who. For the exact menu details, click here.
- ASSAGGIO RESTAURANTS – Lunch $20
- BIG CITY DINER RESTAURANTS – Lunch $10
- Chai’s Island Bistro – Lunch $30
- Formaggio Grill – Lunch $20
- House Without a Key at Halekulani – Lunch $20
- JJ’s Bistro & French Pastry – Special Menu
- Mariposa at Neiman Marcus – Lunch $30
- OLA at Turtle Bay Resort – Lunch $20
- Orchids at Halekulani – Lunch $30
- PF Changs – Special Menu
- Plumeria Beach House – Lunch $30
- Prince Court Lunch Buffet – $20.00
- Romano’s Macaroni Grill – Lunch $20
- Stage Restaurant – Lunch $30
- town – Special Menu
- Wolfgang’s Steakhouse – Special Menu
Chai’s Jumbo Black crusted prawns. Photo: courtesy of Chai’s Island Bistro.
Dinner Options (for $30 or less)
- 12th Ave Grill
- ASSAGGIO RESTAURANTS
- BIG CITY DINER RESTAURANTS
- d.k Steak House
- Formaggio Grill
- Gyotaku Japanese Restaurants
- Hiroshi Eurasion Tapas
- House Without a Key at Halekulani
- JJ’s Bistro & French Pastry
- OLA at Turtle Bay Resort
- PF Changs
- Romano’s Macaroni Grill
- Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar, Waikiki
- Tiki’s Grill & Bar
- Vino Italian Tapas and Wine Bar
Guava BBQ rib from Big City Diner. Photo: Delography
Dinner Options (for $40 or less)
- 3660 on the Rise
- Azure Restaurant
- Beachhouse at the Moana
- Chai’s Island Bistro
- Hy’s Steak House
- Mariposa at Neiman Marcus
- Nobu Waikiki
- Orchids at Halekulani
- The Pineapple Room
- Plumeria Beach House
- Prince Court
- ROY’S RESTAURANTS
- RUTH’S CHRIS STEAK HOUSE HAWAII
- Stage Restaurant
- Twist at Hanohano
Hibiscus Lime & Mango Sorbet from Azure. Photo: courtesy of Azure
For a full list of all of the restaurants participating in Restaurant Week, or to learn more about how to support the Culinary Institute of the Pacific, visit www.restaurantweekhawaii.com.