Preview: Paradise Food & Wine Showcase
This Thursday, May 21, 2009, seven of Hawaii’s best chefs will pair with 10 amazing vineyards and a superstar mixologist to create the Paradise Food & Wine Showcase as part of the 2nd annual Hawaii Food & Wine Paradise. Guests will enjoy endless grazing showcasing luscious island produce, savory meats and seafood, and mouth-watering desserts accompanied by highly allocated fine wines and smooth spirits!
The event is from 6 t0 9 p.m. on the beautiful grounds of Lanikuhonua in the Ko Olina Resort.
Here’s a preview of the chefs that will be participating and their menus:
Chai Chaowasaree | Chef/Owner, Chai’s Island Bistro
- Sautéed Kona Baby Abalone with Garlic Butter Sauce, Aloun Farms’ Cabbage & Green Apple Slaw, Mango & Mint Dressing
- Molten Hawaiian Vintage Chocolate Crispy Poi Mochi, Fresh Pandan Haupia Sauce
PhotoS courtesy of Hawaii Food & Wine Paradise.
Colin Nishida | Chef/Owner, Side Street Inn
- Grilled Marinated Sirloin with Cherry Relish & Puff Potato
- Shrimp Poke Salad
Elmer Guzman | Chef/Owner, Poke Stop
- Lobster Beignet with Buttered Corn Remoulade
- Unagi Pork Hash Potstickers with Stewed Red Onions & Sweet Soy Broth
Göran Streng | Chef/Owner, Tangö Contemporary Café
- Asian Style Braised Short Ribs on Pureed Molokai Sweet Potato & Chili Fried Maui Onion Rings
- Hamakua Mushroom Risotto with Garlic Shrimp
JJ Luangkhot | Chef/Owner, JJ Bistro & French Pastry
- Chocolate Cake with Café Mocha Bavarian & Caramel Sauce
Ron De Guzman | Executive Chef, Stage Restaurant
- “Surf and Turf ” – Sous Vide of Beef Tenderloin with Kona Lobster Truffle Hollandaise, Waialua Asparagus, Red Wine Reduction
- Ahi Carpaccio, Hamakua Springs Tomato, Yuzu Avocado Puree, Bubu Arare, Soy Wasabi & Chili Pepper Pearls, Crispy Radish Salad
Yves Garnier | Chef de Cuisine, La Mer, Halekulani
- Bouillabaisse with Hawaiian Fish, Served with Rouille
- Local Pork Terrine with Nalo Greens & Shallot Mustard Vinaigrette
Participating Vineyards and Beverage providers include:
B Cellars, Benessere Vineyards, Bodegas y Vinedos, Chalk Hill Estate, Chanticleer Estate, Charles Smith & K Vintners, Delectus Winery, Hawaiian Springs Water, Hidden Ridge Vineyard, Lucas & Lewellen Vineyards & Winery, Luna Vineyards, Paradise Beverages, Silver Oak Cellars, Sobieski Vodka, Twomey Cellars, Waialua Soda Works, Zaya Rum and assorted bottled beers.
Also enjoy entertainment from two different “Na Hoku Hanohano” Award Recipients:
- Kumu Hula O’Brian Eselu
To purchase tickets, call 808-722-9892. For more about this and all of the other events in the Hawaii Food & Wine Paradise, visit www.hawaiifoodandwineparadise.com.
The Hawaii Food & Wine Paradise offers the best in food, wine, spirits, entertainment and fashion from May 21-24, 2009 at beautiful Ko Olina Resort and Waikiki. The event features 6 events over 4 days featuring 21 different chefs, 11 vineyards, 2 fashion designers and a mixologist. Fourteen of the chefs are from recent Hale Aina Award-winning restaurants including frequent winners like Chai Chaowasaree, Yves Garnier, Alan Takasaki and Kevin Hanney.