New Winter Menu & Events at VINO
VINO Italian Tapas in Honolulu’s Restaurant Row has a new winter menu from chef Keith Endo, along with two upcoming wine and food events.
Fresh Oreccheitte Pasta with house made spicy lamb sausage.
Veal Cheek Ravioli.
Photos: courtesy of VINO.
On Wednesday, January 27th, chef Keith Endo will launch the new winter menu at VINO. Here’s a quick look at some of the new items:
- Grilled Baby Nalo Farms Romaine with shaved fennel, walnuts, pancetta gorgonzola dolce latte, poached egg
- Roasted Heirloom Beet Salad with Nalo Farms baby arugula, sweet Maui onions, Roma tomatoes
- Beef Carpaccio with ricotta salata, pumpkin seed oil, red jalapeno pesto, smoked sea salt & micro arugula
- Chianti Braised Veal Cheek “Ravioli” with roasted wild mushrooms, foie gras-demi glace, fresh black truffles
- House Made Ligurian style”Trofie” Pasta with hedgehog mushrooms, sundried Hau’ula tomatoes, Genovese pesto & Ligurian olive oil
- Fresh Oreccheitte Pasta with house made spicy lamb sausage, baby swiss rainbow chard, mushroom jus, & pecorino romano
- Fresh Hawaiian Snapper “En Cartuccio” with caper beries, manzenella olives preserved lemon confit shellfish brodetto
- Butter Poached Kona Maine Lobster with black truffle carnaroli risotto & tarragon beurre blanc
- Porchini Crusted Maui Cattle Company Flat Iron Steak with roasted ciopolini onions, brocolinni, & red wine shallot demi glace
- Hudson Valley Duck Confit with red wine risotto, rapini, foie-bing cherry demi glace
- Pan Roasted Veal bone-in “Rib Eye” with ricotta cheese polenta, caramelized red onions, glazed root vegetables, agrodolce
Ligurian Wine Tasting – January 27th
On the same day, Tuesday, January 27th at 6 p.m., VINO will host a unique "Ligurian Wine Tasting".
Photo: courtesy of VINO.
The beauty of this Italian coast inspired master sommelier Chuck Furuya to put together this tasting.
The tasting will feature some delicious wines, made traditionally from indigenous grapes, with typicity and character but without a hint of pretension, or as Furuya describes them, "country quaffers from the Ligurian coast."
Click here to see the full tasting notes & story behind the tasting.
Five different wines will be poured (each 2 oz.):
- Lumassina Frizzante
- 2008 Pigato "Vigneto Ca Da Rena"
- 2008 Mataòssu "Vigneto Reiné"
- Pettirosso Rosé
- 2008 Cruvin “Vigneto Antica Fornace”
The tasting is available for $39 a person (not including tax or gratuity) and is by reservations only.
Call 808-533-4476 or e-mail Nicole at email@example.com.
Alexander Alioto Dinner -February 3rd
On, Wednesday, February 3rd, VINO will welcome guest chef Alexander Alioto from San Francisco to cook alongside chef Keith Endo and Sansei Restaurant & Sushi Bar – Maui chef Ivan Pahk.
Alexander has worked at two of the top Michelin rated restaurants in Italy, one in Germany, the French Laundry & the Ritz Carlton under Chef Ron Siegel. He specializes in pastas and gnocchi.
VINO will host a five course dinner with two seatings at 5:30 p.m. and 7:45PM. The menu will feature casual, homey kind of Italian "country” food.
Red Wine Poached Egg with shaved beef carpaccio & parmesan cream
Seared Snapper served with seafood broth, olives & capers
Seared & Roasted Veal Loin served with sauteed Swiss chard, Veal Demi & garlic chips
Coconut Panna Cotta with fresh tropical fruit and caramelized almonds
The dinner is available for $50 a person (not including tax or gratuity). Four wine pairings (3 ounces each) can be added for an additional $25 per person.
Dinner is by reservation only. Call 808-533-4476 or e-mail Nicole at firstname.lastname@example.org.