Halloween Crafts for Families: Skeleton Hands
Hide these simple-to-make hands around the house for a scary surprise.
Here’s an easy craft that even the youngest can make with a little adult help. Use these hands as place cards on top of a black tablecloth or scatter them around the house.
- 4-inch-by-6-inch index cards or sheet of white cardstock
- Have your child trace his or her hand on the index card with fingers slightly apart. Cut the hand out.
- Put your child’s hand on top of the paper hand and fold each paper finger to mark each place where there is a knuckle.
- Starting with the little finger, fold each paper finger in half lengthwise.
- At each knuckle, pinch one side of the knuckle point between your thumb and pointer finger. Do the same on the other side of the knuckle point and push your two pinched fingers together to form a “joint”.
- Cut between each paper finger, leaving just about two inches at the bottom for the palm.
Thanks to hallmark.com for the idea.
Want more craft and treat ideas? See our Halloween Corner for those and our full roundup of spooky events on O‘ahu.