Make It With the Family: Shave Ice Pom Pom Ornament
Have an icy-cool yule with this merry and bright ornament.
- pom pom maker (we used the 2.5-inch size, available at hobby stores)
- mini wooden spoon
- yarn in multiple colors
- white felt
- thread or twine
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- ruler or measuring tape
- Use your pom pom maker to make your pom pom. Wrap one half of the pom pom maker with four colors (light blue, green, yellow, pink). Wrap the bottom half with two colors (blue and red).
- Trim down the pom pom to the size you want.
- Roll a small piece of white felt into a cone shape and glue closed.
- Holding the cone upright, line the interior of the top of the cone with glue. Press pom pom into opening and hold until glue has set.
- Use the scissors to cut an inch off the handle end of the wooden spoon.
- Glue the 1-inch handle piece into the pom pom.
- Cut a piece of twine, loop it and knot it. Trim the excess thread at the end of the knot. Glue the knot into the pom pom.
Looking for more holiday crafts and events? Visit our Holiday Corner.