Make It: Balsa Wood Tabletop Trees
Get to rockin’ around these adorable tabletop trees.
Photo: David Croxford
Create your own tabletop decorations for the holidays. Let the kids get creative with paint, glue and all the decorations you can handle!
- balsa wood sheets (found at hobby stores)
- Use your ruler to draw a tall triangle shape on half of the wood sheet.
- Cut out the triangle.
- Trace the outline of the triangle you’ve cut out on the remaining area of wood sheet.
- Cut out the second triangle.
- Measure and mark the center of your trees lightly with a pencil.
- Cut out a sliver (about the thickness of the balsa wood) from the marked center straight down to the bottom of one tree and from the marked center to the top of the other tree.
- Slide the two triangles together at their openings to join.
Looking for more holiday crafts and events? Visit our Holiday Corner.