Recipe: Make-Ahead Chocolate Souffles
With only seven ingredients and just a few simple steps, these soufflés really deliver on taste and presentation.
Make-ahead chocolate souffles.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cup Nestle Toll House semi-sweet chocolate morsels (12-ounce package)
- 1 stick butter
- Nestle Toll House baking cocoas
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Granulated sugar
- 14 ounce (1 container) vanilla Haagen-Dazs ice cream (optional)
- Spray eight 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups with nonstick cooking spray; coat lightly with granulated sugar.
- Microwave morsels, butter and baking cocoa in large, microwave-safe bowl on high power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in egg yolks and vanilla extract.
- Beat egg whites in large mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in 1/3 cup granulated sugar until stiff peaks form. Stir 1/4 egg white mixture into chocolate mixture to lighten. Fold in remaining egg white mixture gently but thoroughly. Spoon into prepared ramekins, filling about 3/4 full. Cover soufflés individually with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Remove plastic wrap from soufflés. Place soufflés on baking sheet. Bake on center oven rack for 18 to 20 minutes or until puffed and center still moves slightly. Top with a scoop of ice cream. Serve immediately.
Source: Family Features
Cooktime: 20 minutes
Ready time: 6 hours