L'ulu: Leeward Culinary Arts Gala 2010
Leeward Community College will host it’s third L’ulu: Leeward Culinary Arts Gala on Saturday, May 8, 2010 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Photo: courtesy of L’ulu
L’ulu is an evening of indulgence with Hawaii’s best food, drink and entertainment in a fun and festive atmosphere. More importantly, L’ulu is an opportunity to invest in the educational opportunities for Hawaii’s culinary students. The event brings together the leaders of Hawaii’s Regional Cuisine in support of Leeward Community College’s Culinary Arts Program.
Some of Hawaii’s finest chefs and restaurants will continue to participate in the event including:
- Russell Siu – 3660 on the Rise
- Alan Wong – Alan Wong’s Restaurant
- Chai Chaowasaree – Chai’s Island Bistro
- Vikram Garg – Halekulani on the Beach at Waikiki
- Scott Higa – JW Marriott Ihilani Resort & Spa
- Dean Okimoto – Nalo Farms
- Fred DeAngelo – Ola
- Elmer Guzman – Poke Stop
- Roy Yamaguchi – Roy’s Restaurant
- Goran Streng – Tango Contemporary Cafe
- David Millen – The Pearl @ LCC
- Ian Riseley – The Pearl @ LCC
- Michael Scully – The Pearl @ LCC
Guests will be treated to exceptional cuisine from these chefs and restaurants along with an array of wines, beers, spirits and beverages from Better Brands, Southern Wine & Spirits, Paradise Beverages, Coca Cola and more. A silent auction will also be available for you to bid and win a variety of treasures and experiences.
Chef Philippe Padovani.
The event also annually inducts one of the founding members of Hawaii Regional Cuisine into their HRC Wall of Fame. This year, the event will induct chef Philippe Padovani for his achievements and contributions to culinary education. There is a special dinner with Philippe presented on April 16th as a pre-cursor to this event. Previous inductees include Alan Wong and Roy Yamaguchi.
Grazing tickets are $125.
Call Tommylynn Benavente at 808-455-0298 or by e-mail at email@example.com to purchase tickets.
- Visit the official L’ulu web page for additional information.
- See photos from the 2008 L’ulu: Leeward Culinary Arts Gala