Lei Chic’s Holiday Stocking Stuffer Gift Guide
These trinkets will make any stocking rock.
Finding the perfect present isn’t easy. In fact, sometimes it’s a downright disaster. Like that time you got your aunt that box of chocolates—after she’d been diagnosed with diabetes. Gulp. Or the Love, Actually DVD for your cousin—how were you supposed to know she’d just gotten a divorce?
That’s why there are stocking stuffers. Or, as we like to call them, Plan B. If you’re not sure you’ll hit the jackpot with the main gift, you can make it up with precious baubles like these 12 winners.
Everyone deserves a second chance, right?
1. These delicious-smelling Caen Deming candles come in holiday-appropriate scents, including currant, winter spruce and pomegranate. $26.95, Owens & Co., 1152 Nu‘uanu Ave.
2. We had to stretch the stocking out a bit to fit these ORE porcelain pet bowls, but we loved them so much we couldn’t resist cramming them in. $10–$14, Eden in Love, Ward Village Shops
3. So psychedelic and totally useful, these Kikerland planetary paperweights are out-of-this-world desktop décor pieces. $32, Green Mountain, 2819 Ka‘onawai Place, C-2
4. We love the vibrant designs in Manuheali'i clothing, so we’re all about stocking up on these fun Manuheali'i file folders in similar patterns. $4, manuhealii.com
5. Sweets are always winners on Christmas morning. These new Honolulu Cookie Company peppermint cookies are the perfect seasonal pick. $4.95 and up, honolulucookiecompany.com
6. Nothing sums up Hawai‘i like Nick Kuchar’s fun prints. Get one on an iPhone case so your loved ones can see it everywhere they go. $40, Green Room Hawai‘i, Sheraton Waikīkī Hotel
7. Could you find a cuter way to tuck some yummy treats into a stocking? We love these new Shop Toast snack tins featuring the Christmas dream team of Rudolph, Santa and Frosty. $5 each, Shop Toast, 3434 Wai‘alae Ave.
8. Everyone loves a little green, but tending a garden is such a chore. Start small with a Chuppon self-watering planter, which gets double points for the adorable animal figurines attached. $12.95, Honolulu Museum of Art Shop, 900 S. Beretania St.
9. Sleek and handy, this sturdy S’well water bottle is also writeable—pick up one of the erasable pens and doodle away. Bottle, $30, pen $8, REBECCA Beach, Royal Hawaiian Hotel
10. Samudra clutches are a staple for any local fashionista’s closet, and this new palm print design made exclusively for Guava Shop is just the go-to for 2015. $65, Guava Shop, 66 Kamehameha Highway., Hale‘iwa
11. Toss in a little local cheer for the tree with these lovely handmade ornaments from the South Pacific. $7 each, Bishop Museum Shop Pacifica, 1525 Bernice St.
12. Skincare goodies such as locally made Kohana body butter will show skin some love after harsh winter chills. $7, Drift, 3434 Wai ‘alae Ave.