Lei Chic’s Holiday Gift Guide: 13 Wonderful Gifts for the Beautiful Women in Your Life
Get the gals in your life something they’ll really fall in love with.
Here’s a secret, dudes: Girls don’t just wanna have fun.
Let us clarify: We have nothing against fun. We just don’t want to look under the tree come Christmas morning and find nothing but a gift card to the local amusement park and some drivel about “fun being priceless.” Uh uh. Don’t even try it.
What do we really want this year? The list is endless, but here are a few suggestions to get you started. Pretty baubles, sexy swimsuits and luxurious beauty products obviously make the list. And, at the end of Christmas Day, you’ll have a lady that’s happy as a little clam.
And, that, gents, is a man’s idea of fun.
1. We’ve always been huge fans of S.Tory Standards’ sexy-meets-minimal swimwear creations, and the latest Elements Collection, including this sizzling, strappy Cameo One-Piece in Dark Chocolate (above), does not disappoint. Plus, we know any lady will love having another not-so-basic basic in her swimwear arsenal. Bonus? You get to see her in it. $164. Launch alert! Snag this and the rest of the new collection at storystandards.com starting Friday.
2. Help her relax with organic coffee-based ‘Ili Scrub, an all-natural detox that now comes in two new flavors: Ylang Ylang and Coconut Cacao. $22, iliscrub.com.
3. There’s no one like her—so shouldn’t she have accessories that are just as unique? Talk about a no-brainer. Get her a customized [ki•ele] necklace with a special message, her name or a phrase that resonates with her. We love “can’t stop, won’t stop” personally, but to each her own. $68, ki-ele.com. Remember: Customization takes time! Order your piece ASAP, as it could take up to two weeks.
4. The new Lau Nani line from Keani Jewelry is pretty rad—especially for guys stumped on what to get their Island girl. Get this stylized palm-inspired cuff and check “get gorgeous Christmas gift” off your to-do list. $150, keanijewelry.com.
5. The ubiquitous Samudra pouch now has an even handier update: a canvas tote that comes in the same vibrant, tropical designs that made your girl fall in love with the brand’s clutches. And, sturdy leather straps mean she’s less likely to forget it at a coffee shop. $95, Aloha Superette, 438 Uluniu St., Kailua.
6. How cute is this little shaka pendant from bicoastal brand MYTE? It’s the perfect delicate everyday necklace, and she’ll be able to rep her 808 origins, no matter where she travels. $126, MORI, Ward Village Shops.
7. Mālie, purveyor of beautifully packaged, wonderfully tropical, local beauty products, has finally released a couple of shampoo-and-conditioner duos that smell absolutely delicious. (Seriously, our showers smell like an Island paradise right now.) Is she a plumeria gal or a mango nectar gal? When in doubt, get both. $24.50 each, Mālie, Ala Moana Center.
8. Us ladies are suckers for anything kawaii. Case in point: We definitely don’t need more lotions, but these adorable little pots from The Face Shop feature an ocelot. An ocelot. Want. (They also come in red panda and fennec fox. Excuse us while we die of cuteness overload.) $10 each, The Face Shop, Kāhala Mall.
9. You’re stumped trying to decipher the ins and outs of her personal style. One day she loves yellow, the next it’s all about blushes. Are pineapples still cool? You can’t keep up. Go the safe route with a—or a few, because they’re totally stackable—Kira Hawai‘i ring, which goes with everything and changes shape, depending how you wear it. (Also, the answer is “yes” to pineapples, btw.) $71, Kira Hawai‘i, 95-1249 Mehe‘ula Parkway, Mililani.
10. Again, this ultra-elegant, très-classic Eugenia Kim fedora from We Are Iconic is another staple-in-waiting. Seeing your girl's (probably a little bit surprised) approval will be totally worth the splurge, trust us. $390, We Are Iconic, 1236 Waimanu St.
11. Sweeten up her desk with this cheerful calendar from the Maui-based gals from Matsumoto Studio. It features one gorgeous Hawai‘i-inspired design per month, each of which can be transformed into a cute notecard. Every time she checks the date, she’ll be sure to think of you with a smile. $23, matsumotostudio.com.
12. Try out these super-absorbent microfiber towels with pretty prints featuring lush fronds, pink palms or watercolor florals, and you’ll wonder why you ever bothered with regular towels. In fact, you’d better get one for yourself as well, lest you start stealing hers all the time. $48, Roberta Oaks, 19 N. Pauahi St.
13. Super cozy, heaven to the touch and every girl’s dream winter sweater, this incredibly luxe cashmere poncho from Hawai‘i-based Le Tarte is both lightweight and versatile—she’ll want to snuggle into it all the time, from layering up during winter months to using it as a cover-up on chillier summer nights. $625, Le Tarte, Royal Hawaiian Hotel.
Lei Chic’s Holiday Gift Guide: 13 Best Toys and Gifts for Kids
Lei Chic’s Holiday Gift Guide: 13 Super Cute Stocking Stuffers