Latin Night & Wine Dinners at Du Vin
Photo: courtesy of Du Vin
September brings a number of regular and special events to downtown Honolulu’s Brasserie Du Vin.
On Friday, September 11, from 10:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m., Du Vin will convert it’s patio and Cask Room into a Latin bar and dance club. Bernardo and Rogerio will entertain guests with their toe-tapping and hi-moving Latin sounds! No cover. Plus, house-made sangria and special $4 Brazilian rum cocktails will be featured all night long.
Wine at Du Vin.
Here’s also September’s scheduled menus for Brasserie Du Vin’s 3-course Wine Dinners. Every Monday, wine steward Tiana Kahakauwila pairs wines with a specially designed menu from chef Scott Nelson.
- Fondue de Poulet a la Crème (Chicken simmered in cream and onions)
Paired with La Cala Vermentino, Sardegna, Italy, 2006
- Herb crusted salmon with mushroom and fingerling potatoes and essence of white truffle, and Enoki mushrooms
Paired with Casa Vinicola, Dolcetto D’Alba, Italy, 2008
- Red delicious apples wrapped in puff pastry with cinnamon spices and frangipane (almond paste)
Paired with Grof Degenfeld, Tokaji Muscat Lunel, Hungary, 2006
- Goat cheese stuffed zucchini blossom in Champagne batter
Paired with Mumm Napa ‘Prestige’ Brut, Napa Valley, CA, NV
- Grilled skirt steak, caramelized onion, baked apple, with and a Cabernet reduction
Paired with Provenance Merlot, Napa Valley, CA, 2005
- Sweet Corn Ice Cream
Paired with Zilliken Estate Riesling, Mosel-Saar-Ruwar, Germany, 2003
- Grilled Portabella mushroom with cheese polenta and shrimp, with a saffron beurre blanc
Paired with Silverado Vineyards Chardonnay, Napa County, CA, 2007
- Beef Wellington served with whipped potatoes and Sauce Albert (mustard-horseradish cream)
Paired with Obsidian Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon, Red Hills Lake County, CA, 2006
- Chocolate Brulee with Yvonne’s chocolate glaze
Paired with Justin Vineyards ‘Obtuse’ Port Style Cabernet Sauvignon, Paso Robles, CA, 2007
The 3-course Monday wine dinners are available fo $49 (plus tax and gratuity). Seating at 6:00 p.m. and is limited. Reservations required.
Every Wednesday, Brasserie Du Vin presents "Sessions @ Du Vin" – A live weekly showcase of local jazz musicians. Performers change weekly. Music starts at 7:00 p.m. with no cover charge.
The bar at Du Vin. Photo: courtesy of Du Vin.
Here’s the schedule in September:
- September 9 – Sonny Silva Trio. European jazz.
- September 16 – Satomi. Lively, smooth jazz piano.
- September 23 – Jazzy Jay. Taking requests.
- September 30 – Bernardo and Rogerio. Latin jazz.
For reservations or more information, call 808-545-1115 or visit www.brasserieduvin.com.