Just Blow With It
Salon Blanc owner, Alan Vuong, walks us through how to give yourself a salon quality blow-out at home …
Last night you walked out of the salon feeling like a million bucks. Your perfectly blown-out tresses bouncing effortlessly off your shoulders and shining like a beacon of total hair glory.
This morning though, it’s a totally different story. You, your round roll-y brush, and the hair dryer are doing an awkward dance, and the results are making you seriously consider calling it a hat day.
To help, we cornered Alan Vuong, owner of Salon Blanc, and had him walk us through how to give yourself a salon quality blow-out at home. Check out our video for his easy, step-by-step tutorial and read on for a quick rundown of his instructions.
1) Apply a heat-protectant product to your hair.
2) Blow-dry your hair until it’s 90 percent dry.
3) Part your hair where it would part naturally.
4) Section your hair off into three sections per side. On each side, dry the bottom layer first and work your way up, section by section – unless you have bangs, in which case you’ll blow dry those first.
5) Hold the brush in your right hand if you’re right handed, your left hand if you’re left handed.
6) Pick up a small section of hair with the brush. Hold the blow dryer perpendicular to the brush and blow downward on the hair. Move from the top of the section down to the bottom, curling the bottom of your hair around the brush.
Salon Blanc, 1288 Ala Moana Blvd. Suite 100, Honolulu. For info on the salon's services, call 808.593.2100 or click here.