Senior Writer, HONOLULU Magazine
HONOLULU Magazine (HonoluluMagazine.com) is seeking an experienced journalist to write major features as well as shorter pieces for the state’s best-selling monthly magazine in print and online.
- Minimum five years of professional reporting and writing experience;
- A bachelor’s degree in Journalism. English or equivalent professional work experience;
- A deep knowledge of Hawai‘i, its history, social issues, current events and developing trends, and the ability to find the best sources to provide expert insight;
- Experience and skill in investigative and civic-based journalism, as well as various storytelling techniques, including long and short stories, social media, compiling data for infographics and writing online stories;
- The flexibility, social skills and work habits to operate as a key part of a dynamic, small team that collaborates on ideas, story development, reporting and writing, proofing, events, online, in social media and various projects;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 application including Word, Outlook, OneDrive and Teams
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with work experience
- Paid company holidays, vacation and sick
- Paid personal development leave after 1 year
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Company-paid group life & long term disability insurance coverage
- Company-paid health insurance for yourself with partial company subsidy for spouse/dependent coverage
Follow this link to apply for Senior Writer-HONOLULU Magazine [Downtown Honolulu].
HONOLULU Magazine (HonoluluMagazine.com) is seeking a dynamic and team-oriented web producer to support our online marketing programs. This is a full-time regular position reporting to the Marketing Director. The ideal candidate will have the ability to collaborate and multitask in meeting multiple project deadlines and have proficiency with planning and implementing engaging online marketing programs through our brands’ websites, social media and email newsletters to drive growth in revenue and audience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent professional work experience;
- Minimum 2 years of professional business experience with developing and implementing online marketing programs including websites, social media and email newsletters (media branding experience preferred);
- Proficiency with HTML, CMS and SEO required;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams, OneDrive and Sharepoint required
Follow this link to apply for Web Producer-HONOLULU Magazine [Downtown Honolulu].
aio Media Group is Hawai‘i’s largest locally-owned media company with brands including HONOLULU Magazine, HONOLULU Family Magazine, Hawai‘i Business Magazine, Hawai‘i Home+Remodeling, HAWAI‘I Magazine, and ESPN Honolulu.
HONOLULU Magazine wants experienced illustrators, photographers and designers in Hawai‘i to submit their portfolios for possible future work with the magazine. Please send info to email@example.com.
10-WEEK EDITORIAL INTERN
The Society of Professional Journalists—Hawai‘i chapter accepts applications for a 10-week summer internship with the HONOLULU Magazine editorial department. Please fill out an online application at hawaiispj.org and submit it, along with a cover letter and writing samples, to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, contact Craig DeSilva at (808) 282-1038 or email@example.com.
WEB EDITORIAL INTERN
HONOLULU Magazine’s web department is looking for interns each semester (spring, summer and fall). If you want to learn more about magazines, web publishing and social media marketing, then this internship is for you! The ideal candidate shows an attention to detail, works well in a small team environment and welcomes feedback to improve. During the internship, you’ll learn to research, write and pitch story ideas for our website. You’ll get training on social media, photography, video and enhanced web publishing. Candidates must be available to work a minimum of 16 hours per week in the office (times and days vary depending on class schedule). The internship program is for school credit only. To apply, you must be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a college or university internship for course credit.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Writing experience
- Familiarity with social media
- Photography and videography a plus
- Experience with content management systems a plus
Please email a cover letter, resume and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Internship applications are accepted on a rolling basis.