Hukilau Restaurant Recipes at Made in Hawaii
Visit the Made in Hawaii Festival this year, and be sure to see Jason Takemura, of Hukilau Honolulu and Pagoda Restaurant, cook the following dish during a live cooking demonstration.
Fresh Ahi Katsu Salad
with Nalo greens, Kamuela Tomatoes, crispy Hasu Chips and Creamy Sesame Wasabi Dressing
For 4 people:
- 8 oz fresh Ahi loin
- 1 sheet nori
- Tempura batter- 1 cup flour, 1 cup cornstarch, 1 egg, water
- 20 slices of Hasu
- Diced cucumbers
- Diced tomatoes
- Nalo Greens or any local greens of your choice
- ½ cup Pagoda’s Sesame Wasabi dressing
1. Wrap Ahi in Nori and dip in Tempura batter.
2. Coat dipped Ahi in Panko and set aside until salad is prepared.
3. Fry Hasu slices in vegetable oil at 350 degrees until light golden brown and crispy.
4. Fry Ahi at 350 degrees until light golden brown for about 20-30 seconds.
5. Drain oil and slice immediately to keep it rare.
6. Toss greens, cucumber and tomato in dressing plate salad with all of the ingredients as desired.