Honolulu Family Recipe Corner: Hot Cinnamon Fireworks Cake
A tasty cake with colorful bursts you and your kids can make for your July 4th party.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 cups butter, softened (4 sticks)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 6 ounces cinnamon drop candies, crushed
- 1 ounce blue colorburst batter bits
- Red, white and blue candies, melted in individual colors
- Red, white and blue colored sugars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping bottom and sides of bowl often.
- Add vanilla. Beat until well combined.
- Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until just combined.
- Fold in cinnamon candies and blue Batter Bits.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes on cooling rack. Remove cake from pan and continue to cool.
- In large bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and milk.
- Drizzle melted candy on to cake to look like fireworks.
- Sprinkle colored sugars on to melted candy.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Ready Time: 2 hours
Source: Family Features