Home Games: The Best Local Takeout Food for Game Days During Quarantine in Hawai‘i
Seats on the 50-yard line might be easier to get this year—in your living room. Whether you’re tailgating safely spaced out in a stadium parking lot or with a few fans at home, these snacks will help you get your grill on. Insert end zone dance here.
Photo: Aaron K. Yoshino
1. Fried or steamed mini manapua, available in more than 30 flavors including adobo, pastele, and fudge brownie, $1.35 each or $35 per dozen with custom drawing.
Honolulu Kitchen, 94-861 Farrington Highway, Waipahu, (808) 671-5241
2. Pork ($6.50) and vegetarian ($13 for bag of two) lau lau.
Young’s Fish Market, multiple locations
3. Fried chicken skins, $12.99 per pound.
Seafood City Supermarket, 94-050 Farrington Highway, Waipahu, (808) 675-2350
4. Andouille sausages, $9.98 per pound and USDA Prime rib-eye steak, $28.98 per pound.
Butcher & Bird, Salt at Our Kaka‘ako, 324 Coral St., (808) 762-8095
5. Veggie kimbap, $4 per pack.
Pālama Supermarket, multiple locations
6. Pono Sweet Potato Salad, $10 per pound.
Down to Earth, multiple locations
7. ‘Ōpala Foods Day Trippers Korean Mushroom Jerky, $8.99.
8. ‘Ulu Mana garlic sea salt chips, $9.99.