Hawaii Restaurant Hall of Fame
Past inductees. Photo: courtesy of the Hawaii Restaurant Association.
The Hawaii Restaurant Association will induct its 3rd Hawaii Restaurant Hall of Fame class next Monday, September 21, 2009 at the Hawaii Prince Hotel from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Since 2007, the Hawaii Restaurant Association (HRA) has celebrated the accomplishments of outstanding restaurateurs and chefs who have made substantial and distinctive contributions to the restaurant and food service industry in Hawaii with our annual Hall of Fame induction. The inductees’ contributions demonstrate leadership and vision and are widely recognized in local, national, and international communities.
The gala celebration presents an opportunity to enjoy delicious cuisine from some award-winning chefs while honoring some of the pioneers of Hawaii’s restaurant and food service industry.
The "Chefs of Aloha" Dine-Around features Hale Aina Award-winning chefs:
- Dennis Franks, Big City Diner
- Rodhel Ibay, Sergio’s Italian Restaurant
- Ronnie Nasuti, Roy’s Restaurant
- Göran Streng, Tango Contemporary Cafe
- Alan Takasaki, Le Bistro
- Khamtan Tanhchaleun, Hawaii Prince Hotel
- Tony Vierra, Grand Café & Bakery
The 2009 Hall of Fame Inductees who will be honored at the 3rd Annual Hall of Fame Dinner are:
- Betsy Cardoza, Tokyo Tei
- Calvin Chun, Patti’s Chinese Kitchen/Lynn’s Delicatessen
- Frank J. Hata, Chairman Emeritus, Y. Hata & Co., Ltd.
- Barbara Holm, Trade Publishing
- William Mau, Lau Yee Chai
- Seiichi and Matsuno Nakagawa, Seaside Restaurant and Aqua Farm
- Hideo and Fujiko Nonaka, Mike’s Café
- Ed Wary, Auntie Pasto’s/Dixie Grill
- Martin and Jean E. Wyss, Swiss Inn
HONOLULU Magazine will be publishing an insert recognizing these honorees that will be included in our October 2009 issue.
Reserved tables are $1,500 and individual tickets are $200.
Click here to download registration form to purchase tickets or a table to the event.
For more information and to make reservations, please call HRA at 808-944-9105 or e-mail email@example.com.