Good and Planty: 7 Greenery-Inspired Picks from Hawai‘i Boutiques
Since you can’t go out, we’ll help you bring the outside in.
Since staying in has become the new normal, getting close to nature has gotten a lot more challenging. After all, it’s not so easy anymore to make like a tree and well, you know.
To help you get your daily serving of leafy greens, lush palms and tropical flowers (or at least make you feel as if you are), we’ve rounded up a handful of plant-inspired local finds, perfect for creating your own little jungalow.
1. For your home office’s conference room (aka your living room):
PHOTO: COURTESY OF LOLA PILAR
Lola Pilar Pink Minx 16-by-16-inch print, $85. lolapilarhawaii.com
2. For your new cubemates (it’s totally not weird that we renamed all our plant babies after our co-workers, right?):
PHOTO: COURTESY OF PLANT SAX
Plant Sax Indigo Shibori fabric planter, from $28. plantsax.com
3. For your thoughts, your doodles, your daily schedule:
PHOTO: COURTESY OF BRADLEY AND LILY
Bradley and Lily Orchids Large notebook, $9. bradleyandlily.com
4. For your general happiness—besides jazzing up your pad, houseplants are also known to increase oxygen and reduce stress levels:
PHOTO: COURTESY OF PAIKO
Modern House Plants (available for home delivery), mini from $22, little from $32. paikohawaii.com
5. For your #HiTakesOut leftovers:
PHOTOS: COURTESY OF MELI WRAPS
Meli Wraps Kahanu organic cotton and beeswax wraps, $24 for three-pack. magnolia-hawaii.com
6. For your date night in with your sweetie:
PHOTO: COURTESY OF MISHA HAWAI‘I
Misha Hawai‘i Banana Leaf resin earrings, $58. mishahi.com
7. For your first post-quarantine brunch-GNO-baby-lū'au-anything:
PHOTO: COURTESY OF YIREH
Yireh Cleo dress, $125. shopyireh.com
Don’t forget to visit out our Shop Local page, to check out the special discounts being offered this month by more than 70 local shops, including the ones featured in this article.