George the Giraffe
- One 3/4-inch-by-1-inch cork stopper
- Two craft sticks (popsicle sticks)
- Two clothespins
- Two pins with ball-shaped heads
- Orange paint
- Brown/tan paint
- Orange cardstock
- Oval punch
- Paint brush
- Tacky glue
- Craft knife (Use only with adult supervision)
1. Paint the cork stopper, craft sticks and clothespins orange.
2. Punch out one oval from the orange cardstock. This will be the giraffe’s body.
3. Clip the clothespins to one side of the oval. This will allow your giraffe to be able to stand.
4. Glue a portion of the body between the two craft sticks to create a neck for your giraffe.
5. Use the craft knife to make a notch in the cork stopper to fit the giraffe’s neck. Glue together.
6. Create the giraffe’s ears by attaching the pins with ball-shaped heads to the cork stopper.
7. Add the finishing touches to George the Giraffe by creating spots on his body with the brown/tan paint.
Additional Fun (optional):
Have your keiki add moving eyes and/or encourage him or her to create a different colored giraffe. Let his or her imagination run wild! Have a great summer!