Fundraiser for Tohoku University Hospital
Hawaii companies join efforts in raising money that will go immediately and directly to Sendai.
HONOLULU Magazine’s owner, aio, is partnering with like-minded community businesses and organizations to raise money that will go immediately and directly to Japan’s Tohoku University Hospital. The Sendai-based hospital is in the heart of the quake and tsunami-ravaged Tohoku Region. The hospital continues to care for victims of the March 11 quake and tsunami.
. . . With Aloha
Saturday, April 9, 5-9 p.m.
A benefit for Sendai’s Tohoku University Hospital
Pagoda Hotel & Restaurant
$50 in advance, $60 at the door
For information on how to purchase tickets or make a donation, please click here. A full 100% of the money generated will go to the “Tohoku University Hospital – Japan Relief Fund.”
Event details are still coming together but the gala will likely feature:
- Up to 24 of Hawaii’s best restaurants including Le Bistro, Hukilau Honolulu, Pagoda, Hy’s Steakhouse, Murphy’s Bar & Grill and many more.
- Prominent Island entertainers like Brother Noland, Natural Vibes, Ka’ala Boys and others on three different stages
- Wine, beer and spirits tastings from Southern Wine and Spirits, Johnson Brothers, Better Brands, Paradise Beverages and more.
- Hawaii’s best Lunch Wagons
- An origami table where volunteers can help fold 1,000 cranes (a good luck symbol in Japan)
- Live radio broadcast by Cox Radio’s KCCN as well as ESPN 1420 and 1500
- The Cherry Blossom Court
- Silent Auction
- And more.
For more details, please click here.
We have been asked by numerous friends and family members how they can contribute in a way that directs their gift to those in need. There are many ways in which you can do that and this April 9 event is just one of them. Whether you choose the With Aloha event for Tohoku University Hospital or any of the other myriad of fundraisers in Hawaii and elsewhere, we would just like to say Thank You!