Recipe: Dynamite Scallop Hand Roll
A simple and delicious dish to take to your next gathering.
Dynamite Scallop Hand Roll
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Nori sheets
- 1 avocado
- Cucumber, seeded and sliced thin in four-inch strips
- Sushi vinegar, to taste
- 1 pound raw bay scallops
- 3 cups raw spinach
- 10 pieces shiitake mushroom, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons orange tobiko
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut nori sheets into quarters.
- Sauté mushrooms on high heat and season with salt and pepper. Allow liquid to evaporate.
- Add spinach and briefly cook until leaves are wilted. Set aside and cool.
- Squeeze out excess liquid and mix with remaining ingredients.
- Assemble. Place rice in an oven-proof serving dish. Spread the scallop and spinach mixture evenly on the top and broil until golden brown.
- Create hand rolls by wrapping nori around mixture, rice, avocado and cucumbers.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Work time: 10 minutes
Source: Jason Takemura